Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't recover account as Facebook email has not been updated to Spotify

Can't recover account as Facebook email has not been updated to Spotify

I have a Facebook created login credentials and I've changed my primary email in Facebook 6 months ago. This updated email has not propagated to Spotify credentials thus causing a headache (can't login, can't recover). 

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey @juhohy, welcome to the community!

If you created your Spotify account via Facebook, there's no need to reset your password. In this case, you should be able to access the account by clicking the blue "Log in with Facebook" button in the app.

In case you're unable to access the account this way, try heading to your Facebook profile's Settings > Apps > Spotify, and remove it. Then go back to the Spotify app and click the blue button again and it should take you to your Facebook and ask you to authorize Spotify again.

Don't worry, this won't delete any of your playlists or saved songs.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I came back to this issue again when I needed to update my payment details, my Facebook settings for Spotify show a different email than what my Spotify account details show how can this be updated? 

Can't use the contact form for example as it tries to send me an email to the old FB address that is no longer in use. 

Hey there @juhohy,

Thanks for posting in the Community! Don't worry we're here to help 🙂

Keep in mind that when you change the login email in Facebook this doesn't get automatically picked up by your Spotify account. Since the account was created through Facebook you won't be able to change it yourself via the account page either. 

You can however contact our Customer Support team. They'll be more than happy to update your login so that you can smoothly access your account once more and reset your password, should the need arise. You can reach out to them here

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts