Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't redeem gift card

Can't redeem gift card

I have a Premium Account, and I've been gifted with two cards I can't redeem. What's the problem?

5 Replies

Hi @ivy,

We'll be happy to help you use your gift cards!

Can you tell us what type of subscription do you have? For example, is it Premium, Premium Student or Premium Family?

Meanwhile you can find more info on gift cards here.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have a Premium Family subscription

Hey @ivy,

We can confirm that it won't be possible for you to redeem the gift cards we're talking about since you're already subscribed to Premium Family.

You'll find more info about this in the the support site article that @Petya shared with you.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if we can help you with anything else!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This policy is SO DISAPPOINTING and feels dishonest on the part of Spotify. My daughter got a $30 gift card for her birthday, and we already have a Spotify Premium Family account, and have had one for years. Now we have a gift card that is COMPLETELY USELESS that someone else paid $30 for with the intention of having it used. How would they know we already have a premium family account? Why should they have to read the fine print of their gift and ask the recipient beforehand? Why can't we apply $30 to our account? Ugh. Your policy is different than any other place I have gotten a gift card from, and I see no benefits to the consumer. I hope Spotify considers changing this policy.

Hey there @kmathis20,

Thanks for posting here! 

If you want to use the gift card your daughter got with Premium Family, there's one thing the owner of the plan can do: 

1. Cancel their subscription and wait until the account reverts back to free.

2. Redeem the gift card.

3. Change their subscription to Premium Family.

4. Invite all of the family members again.

Note: Bear in mind that after redeeming the gift card for Premium and switching to Premium Family, the subscription will end earlier because of the difference of the price between Premium and Premium Family. So, after updating the payment details, the owner of the plan will be charged earlier.

We hope this helps, keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts