Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't search my Spotify account

Can't search my Spotify account

Hi there,

I have set up a Spotify account, so that playlists can be pulled through to a website. This is all working okay, however I can't find the account when searching for it through Spotify. I've tried searching the public name, as well as the username which is : mptmnnjxo1y13wnza6duqmtru

Is there are reason I can't find this?

Thanks,

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

All

Operating System

All

3 Replies

Hey, 

Due to the algorithm, you'll have to be more active on the platform in order for others to search for you (i.e. making playlists and sending the links directly to people, sending the direct link to your profile)... essentially, Spotify rewards those who work super hard. 

Once you have become active enough on the platform, you can search for your profile and scroll down to the heading "Profiles". I hope this helps.

Best,

ProducerTrentTaylor

***Find me on Spotify at ProducerTrentTaylor .. Artist : 10 beat tapes for chilling, studying, partying, driving, and living life to the fullest | Curator: Accepting Submissions for Playlists

Please Click "Like" below. Thanks!

Thanks a lot for your reply, that's really helpful.

Currently we have about 5 playlists, which are pulled through to a website using a Spotify widget. Would this not be enough to make the site searchable? Or is there something else we could do?

Thanks again.

Hey @z_uqlq4t5-cyj.

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can always find any account by putting spotify:user: in front of your username.

So in this case you can search for spotify:user:mptmnnjxo1y13wnza6duqmtru and it will always land you on your profile.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts