Premium

Country

Chile

Device

Desktop and Mobile

Operating System

Windows 10 and Android 9

My Question or Issue

I had a spotify account, made by logging with facebook, but that account had the problem that it showed my username(that string spotify creates with alot of characters and numbers) and not my facebook name, so after a lot of time without solution I decided to make a new account directly with spotufy and connect it to my facebook, which I did, the problem is that when I connect it with facebook, it shows that I have no friends that use spotify (which I know is not true, as I have a lot of friends with spotify on my old account) and each time I log out and in again, it asks me to connect to facebook again.
I have tried a lot of the things support has told me to do, with no avail, these include:
Uninstalling and reinstalling spotify, deleting the spotify app on facebook, giving it all the permissions, setting all to public, etc.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @BetaSteam,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Hope that works! Let us know if it doesn't, or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Italy

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS10

My Question or Issue

I registered an account years ago with Facebook. Following your instructions I deleted it as I had made another Spotify account, where I had already bought Premium. Now I finally manage to log in to the same Facebook as before via the new account, yet it doesn't show any friends when I looked for some (people who are friends with me on Facebook and that have a Spotify account, and I know for sure many do). 

I already logged off from Facebook and Spotify and even re-connected both accounts. How can I find my friends?

Hello @BetaSteam

The new account might not be letting you connect to Facebook because of your old account being connected to it. I would suggest using this tutorial to disconnect it from your old account. If you are still having the same problems, please reply to this thread again. 

I hope this helps! 

- Emily

Hi @socialmaltismo

Thank for reaching us. I will try my best up to my utmost knowledge in answering your concern.

Well, if you just want to "follow" your friend's Spotify account, try to directly search their names on your Spotify app. Make it sure you type their Spotify account or display names correctly. You should see "Profile" under their name results, click that user, then try following them.

Lemme know if that helps.

Shalom!

That could be a nice solution to /part/ of the problem. Still, I am looking
for a solution to find Facebook friends on Spotify, any friend, not just
the ones I know the name of.

I can't do that for three reasons:
My old account was a facebook account (I logged with facebook)
I already deleted the facebook app from facebook many times (in facebook options I clicked the spotify app and removed it), so my old account no longer exists, I cannot log to it because when I log from facebook, it logs to my new account or doesn't log at all(if I delete the spotify app from facebook)

I does indeed let me connect to facebook, the problem is that it shows no friends.

Marked as solution

Hey @BetaSteam,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Hope that works! Let us know if it doesn't, or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hey @socialmaltismo.

Merged your topic with an existing one as you seem to have the same issue. Could you try the instructions from my previous post in this topic to see if that helps?

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you so much, this solved the problem, I had opt out of the data processing, I didn't know it would basically block facebook usage in spotify, perhaps the wording could change a little to warn about this issue.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help me solve the issue.

Suggested posts