Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see friends feed

Solved!

Can't see friends feed

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

My Question or Issue

For a while now I'm unable to see my friends feed. Before it showed a message saying there was some error in getting my friends feed and that I should try again later (at that time I had a Free Spotify Account). Now it shows a default message as if I didn't follow anyone even though I do. When I click the button "Find Friends" it shows that I'm following all of my friends but it still shows as if I wasn't following anyone (I have a Premium Account now).

Translation for Attachment
See what your friends are playing
Find Friends

print_spotify_1.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @frieira, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify’s aware of this issue and is investigating it. Please add your vote and details on this thread and follow it for any updates on the matter.

Have a nice day! 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

hey

thought i would share something i did that has fixed the friend feed problem for me.

1. quit spotify and uninstall it

2. go to Finder

3. on your top toolbar click 'Go' and then 'Go to folder' on the drop down menu

4. in 'Go to folder' type in ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify/.

5. select all the folders and files in that folder and move them to trash can / empty trashcan

6. re-install spotify

hopefully that works for you

i should mention i am using MacBook Pro - Mojave 10.14.3 ---- i'm not sure if this wil translate if you're using a windows 😞

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @frieira, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify’s aware of this issue and is investigating it. Please add your vote and details on this thread and follow it for any updates on the matter.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Hi There! 

Make sure you ask your friends to send them the link to their accounts, and make sure you follow them. Also, I suggest downloading webplayer if you have a computer/device to see your friend's activity, and it is easier on webplayer to add friends, see playlists, and add songs. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

I have no problem with the desktop app regarding seeing playlists and adding songs, my only problem is that I can't see my friends feed (I follow them).

Hi there, 

On a device, you can't really see your friends, but on a desktop, you can click on your account by clicking your username and press followers/following. 

I appologize if this seems unhelpful to your situation, but here are some links. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Can-t-see-what-my-friends-are-listening-to-after-up...

http://spotify.en.softonic.com./  

Hopefully, this helps 

Marked as solution

hey

thought i would share something i did that has fixed the friend feed problem for me.

1. quit spotify and uninstall it

2. go to Finder

3. on your top toolbar click 'Go' and then 'Go to folder' on the drop down menu

4. in 'Go to folder' type in ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify/.

5. select all the folders and files in that folder and move them to trash can / empty trashcan

6. re-install spotify

hopefully that works for you

i should mention i am using MacBook Pro - Mojave 10.14.3 ---- i'm not sure if this wil translate if you're using a windows 😞

THIS HELPS ME TOTALLY

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them.
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Suggested posts