NEXT STEP

Can't see users that I follow, only artists

Can't see users that I follow, only artists

Plan

Premium

Operating System

(Android Oreo, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I noticed since a week ago or more that I can't see who I follow that isn't an artist on my desktop and phone application. Both are updated to the latest versions

Have they changed this? I'd like to see who I follow so I can unfollow them back. 

15 Replies

Hi @soulconnection,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You can still see non-artist profiles you follow on both platforms. Artists are displayed on top, other profiles on the bottom, so you might need to scroll to the end of the list if you're following a lot of users.

If you still don't see regular profiles, you should send us a screenshot of how it looks on your end.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, thanks I took a screenshot of the bottom of my following list and it is still the same. I can only see artists that I am following. 

275898548_760730974898974_386925593294642992_n.jpg

Hi @soulconnection,

Thanks for the screenshot!

Can you try going to a fiend's profile that you know you follow and unfollow them, then follow them back to see if they'd show up under the following tab on your profile?

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hello Yordan, no problem! I tried following, unfollowing then following but it is still the same.

Hey @soulconnection,

Thanks for trying!

We'd like to look further into this. Could you share with us a short screen recording of you following one of your friends' profiles, then going to your Following tab to see if they'll appear at the bottom of the list? You can also ask one of your friends to follow your profile, to see if they'll appear under your Followers tab.

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator

They followed me yesterday as well as some other people. They didn't show up when I followed them back. I have a screen recording but I can't reduce the size under 13 mb

Hi there @soulconnection,

Thanks for your reply. 

No worries, if you can't attach it to your response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor, you can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey @soulconnection,

Thanks for the info 🙂

You mentioned that this happens on different devices-could you try logging in to another account and then try following other users? That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

You can create a new account here in order to check if the issue persists.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Thanks it is working on a new account, my account is still the same though. 

Hey @soulconnection,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

If everything is working as expected on the new account, It seems like this is an account-related issue.

In this case you can give these steps a go in order to transfer your music to the new account so you can play your favorite jams there as well.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

How long does it take to fix? It will be take too long to follow over 1000 artists plus 300 users. Plus my playlists and songs will be lost as well as followers. I don't want to pay again on another account. 

Hi @soulconnection,

Thanks for the reply.

We'd recommend getting in touch with the folks over at Customer Support, so they can investigate why your Following tab only shows artists. It's possible that there's some internal caching issue with your account which they can take care of as they have access the necessary tools.

Hope this gets sorted out soon. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator

I contacted Spotify support and they changed my account (this one) but I have the issue again after a few days when I followed all the artists from before. 

Hey @soulc0nnection,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

In case the issue persist also with the new account, could you try following a friend while using another internet connection? Are there any changes?

You can also run a clean reinstall as this one is more thorough than the usual one. Does that make a difference?

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts