Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't seem to connect with Facebook

Solved!

Can't seem to connect with Facebook

Hey all,

I'm having some issues connecting my account to Facebook! I have checked preferences > social network and that seems fine, I can also find Spotify in my apps section in my Facebook account but in my desktop application, my nickname is still "musemandy" in stead of my full name and I don't have an avatar.. which I'd really like to have. I can login with both my "old" username and Facebook credentials but it doesn't change anything.

Help?

Thanks in advance.

Mandy

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Would you be able to try a clean reinstallation of the client and see if that corrects the issue for you? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey Mandy 🙂 

Just had a quick look, I can confirm your account is connected to Facebook and is showing your real name and profile picture. 

Looks like this might have been caused by a server delay somewhere!

Peter

Peter

Thank you for the reply!

Unfortunately, I still can't see an avatar or my real name when I open Spotify, nor can my friends. I have added a screenshot to show you.
When I visit the Spotify website, I do see an avatar when I'm logged in, together with my username. (not my full name)
I've also had this problem for as long as I have had Spotify, so it's probably not just a delay.. I think.

(I'm sorry for the Dutch in my screenshot :'))

Mandy

spotify help.png
Marked as solution

Would you be able to try a clean reinstallation of the client and see if that corrects the issue for you? 

Peter

Peter

Thanks so much! That did the trick!

Mandy

I am having a similar problem. I've no idea why after months of using Soptify suddenly this is happening.

I login through FB as directed, then I get a second "Discover more Music" - I'm new to Spotify /  I have a Spotify account - dialog box.

Amazingly, Spotify is already open in the background, with my name and FB photo in the upper right corner ( although everything is grayed out) .....so of course I have an account. If I click on "I have a spotify Account".....I am asked for a user name and password again.....and nothing I enter works.

Later I repeated this process, and was able to enter....but it made me do an entire setup and all my settings: Activity, follows, playlists, favorites are gone.

Yes! What Music Fan described exactly happened to me today. I even tried reinstalling Spotify, but I still don't have any of my playlists. Help!

Hey guys! 🙂

Unfortunately, some users to appear to be having issues with their accounts after the recent client update as you described. If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to get you back into your original accounts.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Ever since ive gotten my spotify account i have not been able to connect to facebook, ive tried deleting and re-installing it multiple times, and when i hit connect to facebook and type in my login info. nothing happens and it just doesnt connect.

Is there any way you can please help me with this?

also i pay monthly for spotify and it will randomly stop playing music for a few minutes between songs on my playlists then start playing again, the pauses mid-song are very annoying , is there anything that can be done to fix this as well?

What device are you using?

ive tried on both my macbook pro and my iphone, neither has worked..

@brittneytides - Do you have login approvals or two-step authentication active on Facebook (where they either text you a code to login from a new browser or ask you to approve from a Facebook app)? 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts