Free

Country

New Zealand

Device

HP Elitebook 840 G2

Operating System

Windows 10 latest update

My Question or Issue

Si I'm not entirely sure what is going on. One day i'm able to use spotify perfectly fine, and then the next day I can't seem to access my account with an error that says (Error code : 17 and 37)

It told me something about proxy settings so I had tried every proxy setting with different Hosts and Ports that was available on the internet. I had also tried a different account (My friends) but that obviously didn't seem to work. It had also told me something about a firewall, which is when I had deleted then re-added spotify, but disappointingly nothing happened. I then proceeded to updating it and then re-install after erasing everything, and even tried to restart my computer. I have also tried to turn the wifi on then off, connect to ethernet, update all drivers, boot in safe mode, de-activate windows firewall etc. Nothing worked out for me and I don't even have any VPN services related to proxy bypass that could potentially affect the program from accessing my account. It always comes up with the eror 17 or 37. I have tried the web version of it, which surprisingly worked out perfectly fine, but I would much rather have the app version of it as I can actually skip sings or pause it without having to go into the actual app and just using keyboard shortcuts - not to mention that chrome takes up a fairly decent amount of RAM meaning that ideally I want to stay away from playing the web version on a browser. 

Although, I had been able to get to my account through Host 127.0.0.1 and port 8001 on Socks4, but the spotify app had told me that I was offline. I have tried pretty much everything in my power to get spotify to work only to fail every single time.

I've attached a screenshot of what I get everytime I try to log in. Please help me as I've been at this for nearly 2 hours and want to fix this problem.

Untitled.png
1 Reply

Hey there @jaeminhan,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

In this case, could you try a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps below?

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. Open Spotify and click File in the menu bar. Select Exit.
  3. Click the Start button. Select Settings.
  4. Open System.
  5. Click Apps & features, then select Spotify.
  6. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
  7. Make sure to head here and remove all offline devices.
  8. On the Start search bar, type %AppData% and hit enter. This should open up AppData\Roaming.
  9. In the new window that opens up make sure there's no Spotify folder showing up. If there is, you can delete it.
  10. Make sure that there is no Spotify folder left in AppData\Local as well.
  11. Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

We'd also recommend making sure that the country set in your account page matches the one you're currently located. You can update your country settings by following the steps here.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts