Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't select High quality on premium account

Solved!

Can't select High quality on premium account

HI,

I've a Spotify premium account (halfway the free month) but I can not select the high quality music option.

The bar is grey and can not move. 

My account is linked on Playstation music, I've tried on several devices (mobile, ps4 and two different pc's) but none of them wil select the high quality. I've just made a new account without the Playstation music link and upgraded it to premium, I still can't move the freakin' bar!

Any ideas?

P.S. When I get the bar to move, will it stream music automaticly in high quality to my AV reciever (Marantz SR5009)?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there! The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application and make sure to clear the cache and cookes on your browers based logins. 

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I've noticed that the bar looks like an sliding bar, but it isn't.

Just click on the space that you want to go, instead of sliding the bar.

Marked as solution

I had the same problem.  Stupid programming, having a slide switch that you have to click (push) on rather than slide.  If you have to click (push) on it, then it should be represented as a button not a slide switch.

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there! The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application and make sure to clear the cache and cookes on your browers based logins. 

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

It says not available while connected to a device right? I am also curious what the sound quality actually is while connected to a device. I never use my audio out port on my phone because it wouldn't handle HQ anyways.

The issue was fixed by the clean installation.

The quality is perfect when using Spotify stream (to my Marantz AV reciever).

Same with the audio out port of my mobile (jack plug to headphone or car radio). The quality difference between free and payed Spotify is clearly hearable.

I have the same problem. But I have just installed the software.

The grey bar don't move.

I'm on Windows 10.

Thank you

MM

Cattura.JPG
Marked as solution

I've noticed that the bar looks like an sliding bar, but it isn't.

Just click on the space that you want to go, instead of sliding the bar.

**bleep**...... that work. I'm feel al little stupid ah ah ah 😄

On Spotify Android, my settings for streaming Music Quality were greyed out and set to 'Automatic'.  To get to Spotify Settings, go to 'Your Library' on the bottom icons, then touch the gear icon on the upper right.  Scroll down to Music Settings. 

This is what I had to do on Spotify Android app to set Extreme quality streaming:

1)  Stop streaming (I was streaming to a Chromecast audio device)

2)  Go to settings and Select Music Quality... Streaming... select Extreme Quality

When I tried to cast to the chromecast again, it didn't show up in Available devices   

3)  Went to Google Home app and told the chromecast device to Stop Casting

4)  Stop and Start the Spotify App, and it showed the chromecast 'Devices available'  again

5)  Select the device and stream in Extreme quality (320 Kbps)

Worked for Spotify Android app version 8.4.9.271 armV7 on Samsung Galaxy S5 on Android 6.0.1. 

This is what I'm trying to figure out as well.  My only reason to have premium is higher quality streaming, and if I can't verify its 320kbps to the receiver or Xbox then I don't want it.

Marked as solution

I had the same problem.  Stupid programming, having a slide switch that you have to click (push) on rather than slide.  If you have to click (push) on it, then it should be represented as a button not a slide switch.

don't feel dumb, I had the same problem.  Stupid programming, having a slide switch that you have to click (push) on rather than slide.  If you have to click (push) on it, then it should be represented as a button not a slide switch.

The whole point is that "Music Quailty" is "unavailable now", so you cannot do anything with streaming. So this is of no help.

Suggested posts