Free/

Country

US

Device

motoX4

Operating System

android 9

My Question or Issue

updated my motox4's OS and it signed me out of spotify. couldnt remember password so i reset it on my PC. I turned off google smart lock on my phone since that caused problems last time. it asks for my email or username on android. I tried my email, i tried my "username" as shown on the desktop app, and i tried my true username that spotify generates on my account page. NOTHING WORKS.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Thank you for confirming the steps you have already taken.

First, I would say try rebooting your device. I know it sounds archaic but yes sometimes Android acts weird for some devices from time to time. Maybe a simple reboot will help.

I would like to add, have you checked whether you have the latest version of the app or not? If not, then update it using Google Play Store.

Next, if still your problem persists, then please follow these steps:

1) Go to your Android Settings.
2) Click on App Settings (this may vary from vendor to vendor as to where you may find it)
3) Look for Spotify and click on it.
4) Click on Storage option.
5) Select "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache".

Once you've done that, try logging in to your Spotify account again.

In case this doesn't help either, then try to uninstall the Spotify app and reinstall it again from Google Play Store.

I hope your problem will be resolved then.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @autisticbadger,

thanks for posting!

Please make sure to follow the steps provided on this help page.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

the only thing on that page that even remotely comes close to a problem i'm having would be the password reset. and yet that page still doesn't help, it only tells idiots how password resets work. i can reset and have reset my password MANY times. on pc everything works fine. on android the reset links are broken, when i access them it ALWAYS says it's not valid. I know all of my credentials. they just refuse to work on android now.

Marked as solution

Hi there,

Thank you for confirming the steps you have already taken.

First, I would say try rebooting your device. I know it sounds archaic but yes sometimes Android acts weird for some devices from time to time. Maybe a simple reboot will help.

I would like to add, have you checked whether you have the latest version of the app or not? If not, then update it using Google Play Store.

Next, if still your problem persists, then please follow these steps:

1) Go to your Android Settings.
2) Click on App Settings (this may vary from vendor to vendor as to where you may find it)
3) Look for Spotify and click on it.
4) Click on Storage option.
5) Select "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache".

Once you've done that, try logging in to your Spotify account again.

In case this doesn't help either, then try to uninstall the Spotify app and reinstall it again from Google Play Store.

I hope your problem will be resolved then.

Thank you for your reply. Usually when I have problems I do a full restart
but for some reason I never restarted my phone for this problem originally.
I did however reinstall the app fairly early on with the problem. I decided
to restart and clear storage like you suggested and at least on of those
fixed the problem. Thank you 🙂

Glad it helped you 🙂 

Suggested posts