Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't sync Facebook to Spotify

Can't sync Facebook to Spotify

Hello,

I have created an account just yesterday and used Facebook to do so. That means I don't have an username besides my name on Facebook (I would like to have one).

I have already signed premium.

When I use "find friends" option (not sure if it is exactly this name, for I'm using portuguese version), it says none of my friends on Facebook has Spotify, which is obviously a lie. My friends can't find me neither. They can only do it when I send them a link.

Speaking of links, I would like to use /mycustomusername on my profile link, and I just can't find where to change it. I feel like I should have created an account using my e-mail instead. So I tried to do it. When I used my e-mail to create an another account, it said that the e-mail was already in use.

I'm also having another problems, like my followers can't see my activity (I won't appear in their feeds), and they CAN'T find me using my name.

Many thanks,

Gabriel Moncorvo

3 Replies

Hey there @user-removed and welcome to the Spotify community!

There is a similar thread in here with the similar issue. Furthermore, there is a guide on finding your friends here. As for your username, since you have signed up using Facebook your name is it. If you want to set a device password in the future and need a username, you can find your numeric username here

As for having a profile link, you should get something like this: https://open.spotify.com/user/1234..........3 after clicking on your user profile on the Spotify client. I'm not sure if it's possible to customize it just yet though..

Hope this was helpful!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hi,

Thanks for trying, but it didn't help. The thread may be similar, but no one has solved it there.

I'm thinking about creating another account with another e-mail, and later getting both account together. Is it possible?

Also another possible solution: Deleting this account and creating another one with my original e-mail.

What do you think?

Many thanks and hoping to find a real solution,

Moncorvo.

Hey again!

If you would like to merge two accounts to keep a username, you should try contacting support first to check if it is possible. It's a bit unusual so I'm not totally sure it happens. In that case Spotify staff would do it for you. However, if they tell you it's not possible, you could try the second solution. Please make sure, after you've sent the form, you should receive an automated email directing you back to the help pages which you need to reply, even if it's a no-reply, to bump up your case! Support usually replies back with 24-48h.

Let me know how it worked!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts