Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't unlike songs?

Solved!

Can't unlike songs?

Hello, I have just subscribed to spotify today. I came from pandora and think it is much better than pandora. But I might just go back to pandora for this reason. I accidentally liked a song in my radio, and I cannot unlike it! I looked into other forums and found this problem has been going on since 2012! We are paying $10 a month and this is how you treat us! This is ridiculous.
50 Replies

I literally have the same song that I accidentally liked 3 times in a row on my radio... Why? https://gyazo.com/cd80fcbb349d7da5d5b364d66ead9b7c

I'm having this problem right now. I meant to block a song from my "daily mix" playlist and accidently "liked" it. Now that song will always play and I can't find a way to unlike it and to block it. Pretty ridiculous.

Well, this afternoon a friend of mine liked (on my phone) a bunch of songs that were playing on a radio station, and now I can't listen to the radio without a thousand annoying songs I don't like, besides the fact that I used the songs from the radio to practice for dance lessons, which is probaly gonna be affected by this...

Now, if this was new or if nobody had ever experienced such an issue, it would be understandable, but the fact that this has been going on for VARIOUS VERSIONS is just unacceptable!!!

One of the worst user experience and costumer service I've ever seen! Definitely not recommending the service anymore, on the contrary, I just might cancel the premium account along with my whole family.

I just go to Liked from Radio playlist and remove it from the playlist.

I'm paying $10 a month and no way in living **bleep** am I going to pay to always be on skip for some trash g-eazy song. Come on Spotify

How can I unlike songs in general? Not just in radio station. There is no thumbs up or down.
Screenshot_20170702-213103.png

Can't believe that you can't undo definitive action of liking a song by mistake that will whange your daily mix forever. Total shame!

#crappy-ux

player.png

Yes I accidently liked a Nsync song or one of those boy bands and now my 00'**bleep** station is plagued frequent replays of that song. 

Marked as solution

Lets tell spotify this is still a big issue. They already have a request page up if we get enough requests they will have to.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Modifiable-Thumbs-up-down/idi-p/212314

I also can't remove "like" from song(mobile/desktop/web apps).

It causes song can't be skipped from daily mixes.

I tried to remove song from "liked from radio", it's removed from library but song is still "liked" while I hate this song, isn't it funny? Now I'm trying to very avoid "like" button cuz it pretty sucks.

Please bugfix, thanks.

Why doen't spotify make the un-like/ un-dislike feature where you simply tap the thumbs up/ down button again, similar to facebook? (mobile version, at least)

I don't really understand why they haven't fixed such a simple issue that, if fixed, would keep many unsatisfied customers from switching to a different service, thus bringing in a larger profit for the company... Not fixing this issue kind of defies their own logic

I get that this says it was solved by unliking the song on the "liked from radio" playlist but uh I don't have that playlist so what do I do now? am I just screwed? and why do I have to go about it that way? why not just click the down thumbs? 

I think the accepted solution was "switch to pandora"

And, I'm not actually joking. Somehow, that got accepted as the only
viable option after over a year of no fix.

"Pandora isn’t available where you are… yet." 😞

So, this isn't a great solution, but on your phone you can use "OperaVPN"
which is free. Install that, and switch regions to "US" and pandora will
work.

No simpler fix I can think of, unfortunately. Good luck.

We are talking about the radios not playlists

Yeah I know that we are talking about radio. one of the solutions to being able to dislike a song was "remove the song from the generated "liked from radio" playlist that spotify creates. I do not have that playlist generated and cannot remove a song from the auto generated playlist, so I cannot change the song on the radio. 

That means that that solution that was posted earlier does not work for me.

Wow I'm in my free month. See ya later Spotify 

This is ridiculous. It has been 5+ yrs. Even this forum allows you to undo likes or dislikes. How is this possibly a bad idea? As a digital literacy teacher and IT guy, I cannot recommend this app to any of my students as is. 

It is a deal breaker to have irreversible actions for those who have trouble tapping accurately on touch screens. Particularly considering it cripples a key feature of Spotify: teaching Spotify what kind of music you like/dislike so that it can suggest appropriate songs. Until this is fixed, I'll be encouraging my clients to use Pandora instead since they have long had this feature.

@XenonXander wrote:
When I left click the song it says "Add to playlist" not remove

1. Go to the Liked From Radio list 2. Click Edit in the upper right corner 3. Red dots should appear

Suggested posts