Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 12.1.3

My Question or Issue

I would like to unlink my Spotify account from Facebook, because I would like to delete my Facebook account. When I started my Spotify account I linked it with my Facebook account. Right now my account is linked with FB and with my Provider (KPN, the Netherlands). My provider can't find my account, so I am asking you if it is possible to delete it? So I can start over with a new account which is unlinked from Facebook. 

5 Replies

Hi @louise249, thanks for writing!

To disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook:

1. Open the Spotify desktop app.
  2. In the top-right corner, click , then Settings.
  3. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.

Note: It’s not possible to complete these steps on mobile.

Don’t see this option?

This means you created your account with Facebook, so it’s not possible to disconnect.

In this case, you need to switch to a new account:

1. If your current account is on a Premium subscription, cancel it (you can resubscribe on your new account).
    Note: If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE at the bottom.
  3. Create your new account.
    Note: It’s not possible to have two accounts with same email address. If you’d like to keep the email address associated with your old account, you first need to close the old account.

Any saved music and playlists will still be on your old account, but you can save / create them again on your new account.

Let me know how it goes!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The problem is that my Spotify account is linked with my mobile provider and they say they can't unlink my account. So I would love to see my account being delete so it won't be linked with my Facebook accout anymore (this is the main reason I would like to delete my Spotify account). 

Is it possible someone at Spotify can delete my account?

Hey @louise249,

In this case your mobile provider should offer you a solution. Otherwise you can 

get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them. The one I like the most is via Twitter - just send them a Direct Message @SpotifyCares.

Another great way is to use the Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares. They generally reply very quickly as well.

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thanks! I will try this right now and will let you know if it worked out 🙂

Ok @louise249, keep me posted! 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts