Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't update email

Can't update email

Ongoing frustrations with the simple task of updating an email address.

I have tried all the steps that Spotify suggested for updating an email address, but none of them are working.

I'm unable to edit my profile (or at least the email part).

I have updated my email on Facebook about 5 weeks ago and was previously told by Spotify staff that it will automatically update my Spotify email, but it hasn't.

I now have no access to my previous email account and consequently will be unable to receive any ongoing notifications from Spotify.

It seems crazy that such a minor update is so difficult.

3 Replies

Hey @monniemoo

That is likely happening because you have more than one registered address in your Facebook profile.

Go to Facebook settings, and remove any email addresses you don't use anymore. In a little while, your email should be updated automatically in your Spotify profile.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi

I wish that was the solution, but FB only has my new email address (and has had it for over a month now)...so either Spotify is really slow at updating or there's another issue.  Thanks for your help, though!

@monniemoo

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts