Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't upgrade to Spotify Family, upgrade button now gone from spotify.com/family

Solved!

Can't upgrade to Spotify Family, upgrade button now gone from spotify.com/family

So just renewed subscription due to bank card being reissued and forgetting to make the change here. Great timing as Family is now available, except I see no option to invite/add anyone/adjust subscription. About 20 minutes ago there was a button to upgrade on https://www.spotify.com/family but when clicked on while logged in I was prompted to enter payment again. There doesn't seem to be a mechanism to just adjust your subscription.

I went back after some searching and now...Spotify Family is 'coming soon' again and upgrade button gone. Also pointing to https://www.spotify.com/ph/family/ instead of https://www.spotify.com/family/ .

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm already on a Premium subscription. What happens when I upgrade?
If you're already a Premium user, don't worry! We won’t bill you until the time you’ve paid for has run out, taking into account the increased price. You can review your renewal date on the subscription page.

From the help page ^.

Sounds like they will convert your remaining premium time be a number of days of your new billing rate (so you will get less days) then once those days are up they will bill you the normal family subscription plan. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

21 Replies

What's your location? Using the US link, I'm able to upgrade - https://www.spotify.com/us/family/purchase/. Keep in mind that Spotify is rolling this out in phases.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I'm in US. That gets me to the page to plug in a payment method. Am I charged an additional 14.99 or will it add the 5 dollars to my existing payment?

Hey @recorddelahora have you tried signing up from the Spotify Family page again today? Let us know if that still isn't working for you. 

Marked as solution

I'm already on a Premium subscription. What happens when I upgrade?
If you're already a Premium user, don't worry! We won’t bill you until the time you’ve paid for has run out, taking into account the increased price. You can review your renewal date on the subscription page.

From the help page ^.

Sounds like they will convert your remaining premium time be a number of days of your new billing rate (so you will get less days) then once those days are up they will bill you the normal family subscription plan. 

Peter

That seems to be the ticket. I can't access Upgrade page any more as I've already successfully upgraded. Would be helpful with that blurb about not being charged again be on the payment option page. Somewhat confusing, on top of the fact that the upgrade option just plain disappeared for me last night.

After I went through the payment stuff there was confirmation that I would not be charged again and that my new monthly rate would go into affect in December. Kind of backwards. But thanks nonetheless!

I'm trying to upgrade to Spotify Family but i'm in the loop of clicking on the Sub and Pmt page and only being able to choose Payments (clicking on this i can only add new cc info but I don't need to) or Manage Subscription and that takes me to a page for people unsubscibing.  The Spotify Family link from both the email this morning and at the bottom of the offer page puts me back to the Sub and Pmt page (see above).  Help, thanks.

@pdean - How do you currently pay for your subscription?

Peter

@Peter By credit card, Premium acct

@pdean - Weird, what country are you in? 

Peter

Hi @Peter, I'm in the US, i've gotten an email and I have tried a number of different ways, any chance you can post a screen shot of the Family Plan order page?  Thanks, Paul

Try going directly to?: https://www.spotify.com/us/family/purchase/#__extended-creditcard

Peter

Nope, I only get two options mentioned above, Update Details (enter credit card thru the link) and Manage Subscription (cancel subsricption thru the link).  This is weird, no where will it let me sign up for the Family Plan, open to more ideas, thanks!

Just to confirm the payment card you have tied to your account is also registered in the US?

Peter

Yes, registered in the US.  Just thought of one thing and this is progress, not done, but I have two spotify Premium accounts (one linked to Facebook, the other on a different email not linked to FB), and I've been trying to upgrade my FB linked account to a Family Plan but none of the links or pages give me a Family Plan option, so I just had a thought and tried the other account not linked to FB and that account works to allow the Family plan.  The problem is I want the family plan linked to the FB-related account b/c that has many more playlists I want to keep.  is there some FB account Family plan restriction?

@Peter Checking in, thoughts on the last message?  Thanks

@pdean - Apologies was on holiday at the weekend! 

I would suggest that you get in touch with Spotify support directly so they can assist you further with this, I'm really not sure why you are having issues on that one account. There are several ways to get in touch with them!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Family Plan does not work at all. I cancelled my premium account and still am not able to get the family plan.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fb75cvddz9y2yv2/Screenshot%202015-01-20%2009.37.43.png?dl=0

Screen shot attached of the error. I tried many options from this post, but nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

@michaelmartinho 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I have a problem. My Spotify Family invitation code doesn't work. What should i do? I'm from Poland

Suggested posts