Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't upgrade to Spotify Premium

Can't upgrade to Spotify Premium

Hey

I have a issue when I try to upgrade my spotify account to Premium it says:

"Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again."

It's been like this for months now, I've tried several times and I do have money on my card and it hasn't expired.

What should I do? I really need my premium, going insane without it..

Best regards, Faithful Spotify user 🙂

30 Replies

Hi Hultizh- As this is a quite specific payments question, you'll need to get in touch with our payments team.

You can do this quite easily by filling out our contact form (about us > contact). They will then be able to give you a hand with that upgrade. 

Meredith: Can you please help me with this similar problem? I asked yesterday and didn't get a proper answer.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Trying-to-sign-up-for-Premium/td-p/...

The awesome and not so helpful answer from payment team: Change bank if you have problem with Purchasing. It's like customer service. The problem is in Spotify... They send wrong payment type to Nordea. They should use INTERNET PAYMENTS. Nordea declines other payment type when customer purchase something in INTERNET.

I appreciate it. Been trying to get a straight answer about this. Everyone dodges the question.

And yes Spotify, I have a Official response from Nordea Finland in my Internet bank (Contact form).

So stop commenting that problem is in user bank. Instead you should fix problem in your payment system.

Stop scamming people now. I do not understand this why you not fix this problem. I'm asking you for this for year now.

After all, this is hard. It's impossible. Welcome to Spotify world.

Trying to upgrade to Spotify Premium, it says "PRODUCT NOT AVAILABLE" or "ENTER CODE".  I've tried to setup my payment information and it won't let me.  I've tried to contact Spotify through the CONTACT FORM and it gives me NO WAY TO SUBMIT.  So....I can't get Premium, I can't give Spotify my money, and I can't contact Spotify.  ?????  Am I black-listed or something?

Hi NathanMcBridge- We had some temporary issues with our servers yesterday afternoon that could have affected features across the website (including your subscription page and contact form). 

The good news is I can see you were able to upgrade yesterday once those issues were resolved. Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

I'm getting really angry that over the months I have tried to upgrade to premium so many times. I have tried Firefox platform and Internet platform to no avail. Do you people at Spotify ever try to upgrade yourselves? When I click on the upgrade button nothing happens. When I click on the username and upgrade nothing happens. Are you sure no one is sabotaging you. This is getting really pathetic please do something.

I seldom shout but I'm shouting now. Please no formula answers. Can an actual human being actually answer me, using their brain, and help me through this one because I'm a Spotify fan.

Brian

I have tried several days in a row to upgrade to spotify premium (which I used to have but got terminated because my bank card was cancelled) and on each occassion, when I 'select product' and click 'Continue', it says 'wrong password'.

How do I upgrade to spotify premium, please?

bsnellgrove- Are you trying to upgrade directly from your subscription page?

If you could send us a screenshot of what you're seeing when you try to upgrade it would be a great help. In the meantime, please try clearing your browser cache and giving that another go. 

wmaynard- I can see you were able to successfully upgrade a few days ago. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Enjoy!

i cant upgrade to stotify premium, the subscription page thing donsnt do anything and im getting really mad, everything you tell me to do dosnt help me get spotify premium so how can i get it

Money is getting widrawn from the card, but i it says that the payment has failed.

I should be having premium atm, but instead i have payd money for nothing!

What the hell?

marklikespotify - First please make sure your card meets all the requirements outlined here: https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/payment/#payment-problem

Being open for foreign purchases/ enabled for e-commerce transactions is especially important. 

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend giving PayPal a try. 

unshavedbrother - The last successfully payment on your account was 5 August. While your Sept payment couldn't go through, I can see you've updated your card details. 

Just head back to your subscription page to resubscribe to Premium. Our system will then give that another go. 

Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again.

I got enough money and nothing happens .. ??

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I would suggest you have a read at these two FAQs:

Problems paying for your subscription

When trying to pay with my card, I see “Declined, please check your details”

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Good Morning Meredith,

I have the exact same issue as NathanMcbridge had. My issue has been an issue since Feb 3rd. Can you please help me out? 

Much appreciated. 

Do you already have a subscription running?

Peter

"The Premium code you entered has already been used."

This keeps popping up when I enter in my code. I bought this card an hour ago. The card was intact and not damaged when I bought it. Does anyone know why this is happening?

@MadameKatacomb wrote:

"The Premium code you entered has already been used."

This keeps popping up when I enter in my code. I bought this card an hour ago. The card was intact and not damaged when I bought it. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Double check your email, its possible the card was redeemed but the system is just confused. 

If not, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this as premium code issues can't be dealt with here on the community. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Suggested posts