Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't upgrade to premium-error message

Can't upgrade to premium-error message

I'm a US Spotify free user who in the past used the premium free trial and paid for premium for a few months. I'm traveling abroad for a month total and just used up the 14 out of the country days, and am now in a country without Spotify. I would now like to upgrade to premium but cannot. Whenever I try to enter my credit card info (on both the US and International sites) it says "Purchase is currently not available". I've tried to subscribe on my iPad (which is all I'm traveling with) as well as from another PC in multiple browsers. I'd love to give Spotify my money so I hope someone can help!
6 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you made sure the country on your account matches that of your card? They need to be the same for a transation to occur.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for the welcome and the reply! The card and my account are both USA. I am trying to make the transaction from another country but I don't see why that would be an issue.

@shlomo705 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome and the reply! The card and my account are both USA. I am trying to make the transaction from another country but I don't see why that would be an issue.

Spotify uses Geo-IP technology to make sure people aren't faking their country. Would be be able to access a US based proxy to make the transaction, and see if it works?

I just tried through the Hotspot VPN application which connects through the US and got the same error message.

That is strange, you shouldn't even need to connect via a VPN as long as your payment card and your Spotify Profile are registered in the same country. Just out of interest what country are you currently in?

I would suggest you also drop the payments team a message using the online contact form just so they can make sure their is nothing wrong on their end!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I sent something in through the form. I'm currently in Israel.

Suggested posts