Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't upgrade to premium from Canada. Spotify does not accept postal code

Can't upgrade to premium from Canada. Spotify does not accept postal code

I'm attempting to upgrade to premium and although the country setting is correct and currency displayed in Canadian Dollars, Spotify does not accept my postal code. It wants a zip code instead.

spotifybug.png
26 Replies

Hey @rnantel 

Thanks for posting in the community.

This sounds like a case for our accounts and subscriptions guys. Reach out to them over at this link.

Once you've reached them, you'll receive an automated reply. Just get back to this and it'll make sure the correct team get your message. Also, if you post your 8 digit case # to us here, we'll make sure things get looked in to too.

I hope that helps out with things.

Thank you. I've opened a trouble ticket.

Having the Same Problem.. I just want you to Take My Monies

@user-removed 

This problem is being looked into. Since multiple people are having this problem, it is likely a problem that will need to be fixed from Spotify's end. It seems that this is only affecting Canadian users.

In the meantime,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem, and also a postal code problem in my profile. 

In the profile, the field is correctly labelled as "postal code", but it won't accept my correct postal code, caps, no caps, space, no space, doesn't matter.

Please fix!

@annasandil 

This problem is being looked into. Since multiple people are having this problem, it is likely a problem that will need to be fixed from Spotify's end. It seems that this is only affecting Canadian users.

In the meantime,

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Any ETA when this will be fixed.. I kinda Wanna give you monies..

@user-removed 

I have no idea when, but I have alerted them about this problem. Since it is currently the weekend they won't see my message until Monday.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Wow I'm having the same issue. Evidently no help phone # I'm having second thoughts about sending these folks my money.

I've just posted about this too. You're not alone! I've been trying yesterday and today to register and it won't accept my canadian postcode!

I hope they reply or sort it soon!

They must not want our money!

Can also confirm that entering a valid ZIP code when selecting PayPal (as a work around) does not work either. Actually, even selecting a different country altogether still asks for a ZIP code and entering any valid information does not accept.

@Alltogethermorr @user-removed @Preemo 

In the meantime,

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same problem here and it is Tuesday !!! I have been trying since Saturday. Don't reply it is been looked at !! Just fixe it !

I too have been having postal code issues trying to update my service.  

Mulitple emails to support have been fruitless.  Canned responses like the one from Mattsuda are useless and frustrating. 

I have never had a worse customer service experience.   Thanks fully there are other options for streaming music 

Think they fixed it. I was having the same problem. I was able to subscribe this morning.

So I get a message saying that the page won't load. I'm from Australia and I'm now in Canada. I got the standard "14 days abroad" comment. But I cannot log on to any part of Spotify either with my Macbook or my Iphone 5. I'll pay the money, but the page is not even opening! Help!

@user-removed 

Read this:

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/Using-Spotify-abroad-error-408

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks for suggesting this. As I mentioned, I cannot log in to any aspect
of the Spotify site. At all. I didn't even get the background images for
Spotify, just a blank screen saying "WebSite unavailable". I have been
using a VPN, could this have something to do with it? Is it possible to
somehow upgrade without going through the actual site?

Suggested posts