Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't upgrade to premium from Canada. Spotify does not accept postal code

Can't upgrade to premium from Canada. Spotify does not accept postal code

I'm attempting to upgrade to premium and although the country setting is correct and currency displayed in Canadian Dollars, Spotify does not accept my postal code. It wants a zip code instead.

spotifybug.png
26 Replies

It is Jan 20, 2016 and I have just had this same problem. Hard to imagine an issue more pressing for Spotify than an entire country being blocked from purchasing its service. The delay of months on end does not inspire confidence.

september 23rd 2016 and its still not working! kinda pathetic if you ask me!

Hi @Schoorel1,

If you haven't got any response from Spotify, you can reply to the most recent email you've received from them (even though it shows noreply). They'll definitely reply to you within 24-48 hrs.

Just had this happen to me... April 15 2017.  I thnk Apple Music can accept Canadian payments?  Maybe Google Play.

This also happened on my account, but it turned out the country was US in my profile. Changing that to Canada corrected the issue... Not particularly clear though, since the price also said CAD, the field was labeled postal code, and the store was /en-ca/.

You should go into your account settings and change the country. When you first sign up, the country (I'm in Canada) automatically had USA listed for me. I changed this to Canada and updated my postal code from account settings.

Go back to the upgrade screen and the zip code area should now read postal code, and your postal code should work.

Suggested posts