Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't upgrade to premium "Oops! Something didn't work please try again"

Can't upgrade to premium "Oops! Something didn't work please try again"

Hi Ya'll,

I keep trying to upgrade my account but every time I go through the process of inputing all my card information I get the above error message. I'm not sure what the problem is but this has happened to me on my phone and computer now every time I've attempted to upgrade so I'm just utterly baffled. The problem doesn't seem to be my credit card and I really have no idea what to do.

2 Replies

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem.  My card was working (last transaction January 2015).  And then it stopped.

I get the error message:

“Oops, seems your card or payment provider is having a bad day. Don’t worry, no money has been charged. Try again or use another payment method.”

I've been through the ringer with Spotify technical support and they are not helpful.

They have never suggested that they have a problem on their end and I don't even think they're investigating.

It's either "the bank has a block on your card for spotify" or "try using a different card".

My bank doesn't see any declined transactions from Spotify and my card is in good standing.

I refuse to bend over backwards to pay Spotify, they can either make it work with my card that was working in January or not, but it doesn't look like they're going to try very hard.

On a positive note, they did give me a free month so that I could wait and try again, but nothing has changed and the free month has run out.

Suggested posts