Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't upgrade to premium

Solved!

Can't upgrade to premium

Yet again, I'm running into an issue with trying to upgrade my account to premium.

1) https://www.spotify.com/au/get-spotify/go/premium/
2) Click Confirm Purchase

3) Redirects to Facebook for password confirmation

4) Redirects back to https://www.spotify.com/au/get-spotify/go/premium/ with no messages

I've gone through the same loop several times now....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@jaimemit - your current payment card has expired. If you update your payment details here and then resubscribe, you'll get Premium back straight away.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I signed up 3 weeks ago. The extra money is being taken, but when I send an invite it says, cannot join already a member of this or another family plan. But yet we cannot both play from Spotify.

please help

Marked as solution

Hi. You might want to check my post. I encountered the same problem just like yours. Hope it helps !

57 Replies

Same things happening to me, really hoping I havnt been charged the serveral times I have tried this.

Hey fellas, same thing is happening to me.  Maybe if we get enough views on this post maybe some of the spotify team members will take notice and help.  Not being able to pay for premium is certainly not good for business.

Glad to see I'm not the only one, I think this should be looked at as a priority considering it'd be costing Spotify business. Imagine the quantity of people attempting and giving up.

I am having the same exact issue. It's really frustrating

Having the same problem! Don't you want us to sign up?

Hey guys, having taken a look at your accounts there doesn't seem to be anything particular there that would cause this.

Could you all try:

-- Using a different browser (from computer, not mobile)

-- Clearing cache/cookies

Dear Spotify-users,

I used to have Premium since 2012 and was very happy with it. Now I wanted to renew my license, so i did the following steps:

https://www.spotify.com/be-nl/get-spotify/go/premium/

Then I clicked on "Confirm Purchase"

Then I get redirected to FB where I have to enter my password again. But then I get to this page again

https://www.spotify.com/be-nl/get-spotify/go/premium/

And it just keeps on going!

How can I fix this?

Best Regards

Jeroen

same problem here..

Hi all, just to let you know - we're looking into this at the moment. I'll post again here as soon as I hear anything. You'll need to bear a few ads in the meantime, sorry!

@jeroenbiliet2  - I merged your other topic into this thread to keep all the info in one place.

Hi.

I am premium since 9/22/11, and suddenly I have no premium access now.

Can you please tell me what is wrong?

Regards

What does your subscription status show in your account profile.

I'm glad that im not the only one with that issue...

Is there any update related to this issue?

Marked as solution

@jaimemit - your current payment card has expired. If you update your payment details here and then resubscribe, you'll get Premium back straight away.

Hi there,

I've had a free account before and I couldn't upgrade it either - I assume due to a bug in the upgrade process of spotify.

Now it worked, thank you. I could finally upgrade my account.

Kind regards,

Joël

@joel4321 wrote:

Hi there,

I've had a free account before and I couldn't upgrade it either - I assume due to a bug in the upgrade process of spotify.

Now it worked, thank you. I could finally upgrade my account.

Kind regards,

Joël

You beat me to it, but yep, everything should be working as normal now. You shouldn't get stuck in a loop with logging in. Enjoy your subscriptions! 🙂

Thank you very much, Mod Adam!

Great, that was the issue, thanks so much, and so quick!

I am still having the same issue

Hardly fast, it took nearly a full 24 hours to fix a critical bug. Your developers should look into some unit testing and other automated tools like cucumber. And I've still got to go through a conviluted process to gain a yearly premium subscription in one seating (without buying 1 month and waiting that month for a yearly to kick in). Not satisfied.

Suggested posts