Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use Spotify Family while studying abroad...?

Can't use Spotify Family while studying abroad...?

Hello everyone,

I was part of a Spotify Family Premium account while living in San Diego with my cousins, but am now studying abroad in Germany. I became part of their Spotify Family in August and moved out to Berlin around the end of September. Everything worked fine until about a week when my account was downgraded to Free. When I reached out to Spotify support, they quoted that everyone has to be living at the same address, which I understand but on another forum here I read from a moderator that "As long as you don't sign up as the administrator of the plan, you'll be able to keep using your Premium subscription once you move [to another country]."

I am neither the admin or plan on staying in Germany much longer -- I am set to return to the US towards the end of February. I was thinking about calling to speak with someone in person to explain my situation in the hopes that they'd be a bit more sympathetic. Any thoughts are appreciated!

EDIT: I am also thinking about asking my cousin (who is the admin of the family plan) to reach out to support to vouch for me if it is the case that support can't verify that I live at their address as well. Is that a possible solution too?

1 Reply

Hey @holyexpletive,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Unfortunately, there's not much Spotify can do here. Right now, all members of a Premium for Family plan must reside at the same address as the plan owner (this is stipulated in the Terms and Conditions).

I'd recommend that you subscribe to the regular Premium plan or maybe even the student discount if you are a student with a UNiDAYS card.

Thanks. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts