Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't use multiple google home speakers

Can't use multiple google home speakers

Hello.  So I have 3 google home mini speakers in my home and use phones w/ bluetooth speakers etc.  I upgraded to the Premium family plan so that my kids can each use google home speaker in their rooms to listen to different spotify songs at the same time.  Seems like it always steals though when they ask a speaker to play something.  Looking at help files, seems like you need each device to be registered to a different email address to prevent this from happening?  I can do that, but I'd prefer to manage all my devices under my google home email account.  Is there a way to tie all this together while not separating my google home speakers to different email address accounts? 

3 Replies

Hey @ctmurphy81 Welcome to the Spotify Community!

What you can try doing is using the Google Speakers via Bluetooth. So instead of having them all linked seperately you could pair via Bluetooth and play music that way. 

Happy New Year!
Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Problems is more in Google home settings then with Spotify. You should ungroup your speakers and also look every devices' settings where Spotify has to be registered as default and with login information.

Other way is using bluetooth but via bluetooth you will lose quality of songs and battery life on your mobile. 

You would think Google would want multiple speakers in a home all independent of each other. Usually more than one person in a home, not all are adults'.  Have the exact same problem, speaker in each of my kids rooms for music, got a Spotify family plan. Kids are too young for their own email accounts, phones, they know how to use google speaker but only one speaker will play independently at a time. So frustrating

Suggested posts