Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Claiming Artist account

Claiming Artist account

I want to claim my artist account. I get to the step to confirm by logging into my Artist Instagram account, however when I try to log in, I get this: "Insufficient Developer Role: Insufficient developer role".

Have anyone else experience the same or a similar issue? And how did it get resolved?
23 Replies

Same thing just happened to me. Would love to figure out how to solve this.

Happened to me as well, wondering if the website is down??

same here 

I am also having the same issues. It just says insufficient developer role?

Same.

Same here.

Same someone should get on this

Hi everyone,

Our tech teams are aware of this and are working on a fix. In the meantime, you can reach out to the folks over at Spotify for Artists for further assistance by heading here and scrolling down to the bottom of the page > Contact Us.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm trying to claim my artist profile on Spotify but it won't let me. Everything goes smoothly up until it asks me to verify with either an artist's website (which I don't have) or with my Instagram. I tried connecting my Instagram to Spotify for Artists and when it seems like it works it doesn't! Because when I go to press submit it says that I need to connect a social media account even though I already tried over and over again. . . please help!

hola, cuando inició sesión en Spotify Artists me pide que verifique que soy yo con el Instagram, cuando pongo el Instagram me lleva otra vez a la página donde me lo pide, pero el Instagram no sale como conectado y así todo el rato 

Hey @Iriney,

Thanks for reaching out.

We hope you don't mind us replying in English.

If you're having difficulties with your Spotify for Artists profile, we'd suggest heading to this page and looking up your issue in the search bar. If you can't find any useful info, you can contact the team using the link at the bottom of the page.

We hope this helps!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've got exactly the same problem. I successfully log in to Instagram. When redirecting to Spotify for Artists all the information is lost including "Billing Country" and "Role" which I filled out before clicking on the "Instagram" Button. 

I tested with following browsers on Windows 11: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Opera

I tested with the most current app versions on an iPhone. 

I also deleted the consent for sharing the data in my Instagram account - to do a fresh start. Same problem.

After I went through the whole process a new consent and corrsponding ID was created in my Instagram account so I dont think Instagram is the problem here. 

Authorization via Website always gets rejected, although my full name and email adress is on it. 

Yes! This keeps happening to me too, it all resets after the IG verification so I can't submit. I have a screen video but it's too large to post here, hopefully Spotify can help?

Pasa que cuando intento reclamar mi perfil y llego al paso donde me pide enlazar con mi cuenta de instagram, ingreso a instagram y permito los permisos inmediatamente me devuele a la pagina principal pero no aparace mi cuenta de instagram enlazada

Same thing going on with me. I successfully log in to Instagram. Then when redirecting to Spotify for Artists, all the information is lost including "Billing Country" and "Role" which I filled out before clicking on the "Instagram" Button. Tried removing the Spotify for Artist acsess on the Instagram as well, and tried again. Without any luck... Spotify ?

I'm having a problem linking an artist's Instagram account in my Spotify For Artisis personal account. When I give Spotify access rights to my Instagram account, I'm redirected to 2-3 pages and the end point is a page where I'm asked to log in via Instagram

This problem applies to both on the browser on android, in the mobile app and different browsers on PC, the result is the same. For the sake of interest I tried to link another instagram account, which was previously used for registration and the error is the same

I contacted chat support and the response I got was "we can't help you" and closed the correspondence

I click on the Instagram option, connect, but when return to the Spotify website it's as if I hadn't done anything, keep saying "To continue, connect a social account or paste a link to the artist's website.", i alr tried in cellphone too, same thing too

I'm having the same issue. I tried on two different browsers too.

I was able to get through by reaching out to their support chat for Spotify for Artists and they manually verified my account.

Suggested posts