Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Solved!

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Canada

Device

My Question or Issue

Why is the family plan excluded from the offer?  Only the base premium plan gets the Google home mini? That is complete BS.  Every other Country the family plan was eligible

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all,

So we've currently launched the Google Home Mini offer for US citizens. Both Premium Individual and Premium Family users can apply. Users that have the Student Discount are not eligible.

You can find detailed info about the offer here.

If you live outside of the US we recommend keeping an eye out for any future offers we might have. In the meantime we will be closing this topic as not to confuse users with info from previous offers.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

411 Replies

Yeah this is a complete disappointment. I upgraded from premium to family plan. I pay more per month and I can't get a Google home for my family to use? Lame

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to redeem the free google home mini in Canada. My wife and I are in a family subscription which my Spotify account manages.

When I try to use the website to claim the Google home mini I'm asked to subscribe for $9.99... but I'm already subscribed under the family plan for $14.99. 

I'm not sure if you have to have a Google account linked to Spotify in order to claim, but the email associated with my Spotify is from Gmail if that helps.

Thanks

I am also encountering this.  I have the family subscription.  I've tweeted at Spotify to hopefully fix this.

Plan

Family plan

Country

Canada / Quebec

My Question or Issue

Hi, there's a promotion offering a Google Home mini for new and existing clients: https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/offer/

However, when trying to redeem it, it asks me to subscribe again. Even so, the family plan is not available. I tried to use the standard plan, but even then, I couldn't redeem the Google Home mini.

How can I get the Google Mini offer if I'm already on a family plan?

Same here. Family plan seems to be invalid, which is bumming me out. Would love to have some definitive answer from @spotify on the eligibility of a family plan

Same here. It seems preposterous that existing users of the cheaper Premium Plan would be eligible but the more expensive Premium for Family does not qualify, if that's the case.

Same, student premium user here

I tried to redeem the offer with the Family Plan as well, figured it would force a plan downgrade (which doesn't apply until the start of your next billing cycle) and then I could redeem the offer and reup to my Family Plan. Nope, when I tried to redeem it just told me I wasn't eligible. 

I live in Canada, have been paying the more expensive plan for more than 2 years now, but I am apparently not eligible. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would love to be able to redeem the offer, but I don't have Twitter and Spotify lacks a dedicated support email that I could find. I guess that is why the company I work for which is similarly named is constantly getting calls and emails from annoyed Spotify Customers. 

Messages Image(3958068342).png

Plan

Student Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I signed up for Student Premium today for $5 so that I can get the free google home mini. However, when I go to try to redeem http://spotify.com/us/googlehome/redeem

It asks me to get family plan. Clicking Get Started on https://www.spotify.com/en-ca/premium gives me "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you."

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

None of the below information is hi! I can't seem to get past the link. It just brings me to plans but I have been a premium family subscriber for a while. I tried to switch it to premium and that didn't work as well.

It does have a little screen that says if you are in Quebec you are not eligible, but I'm in Ontario. 

Thanks! 

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Google pixel 3

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

What a kick in the shin, Spotify!!  We're on a family plan and are not elligible for the offer.  You will give a Google Home Mini to those paying $9.99/month, for not for those paying more.

I am also a Premium member but have the student account. does this make me ineligible for the google home mini?

I'm getting the same here. I have the family premium and cannot reeden this promo.

If someone figures this out, please let us know.

I read in the Terms and Conditions:
Subscriptions to Spotify Premium for Students or Spotify Premium for Family are not eligible for this Supplemental Offer. 

Spotify, why? It's still a premium plan and you're excluding a big chunk of your paid subscription users from this offer.

My problem is that my Student Premium will be finished soon and I will be charged in next month for regular Premium

We have had a family plan for years and would like to take advantage of this offer as well. Why are we not included?

In the same boat. This is ridiculous...figures.

I've sent a message to @spotifycares on twitter, which seems to be the primary support contact (eyeroll) to see if there is a way for Family subs to take advantage of this. Will report back with results

The only thing I can think is that for $9.99 per month with Premium you get one account, while with the Family plan you get up to 5 accounts for $5 more. If each were on their own account it would be $50 per month.

I can see the logic behind it, but I still think it's dumb, they would be better off having not offered the promo to existing accounts.

Suggested posts