[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Solved!

Google home mini error

Kmart0672

None of the below information is hi! I can't seem to get past the link. It just brings me to plans but I have been a premium family subscriber for a while. I tried to switch it to premium and that didn't work as well.

It does have a little screen that says if you are in Quebec you are not eligible, but I'm in Ontario. 

Thanks! 

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Google pixel 3

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Re: Google Home Mini with family subscription trying to charge me

Vanterax
Roadie

What a kick in the shin, Spotify!!  We're on a family plan and are not elligible for the offer.  You will give a Google Home Mini to those paying $9.99/month, for not for those paying more.

Re: Google home mini error

metcalfe306

I am also a Premium member but have the student account. does this make me ineligible for the google home mini?

mbezerra

I'm getting the same here. I have the family premium and cannot reeden this promo.

If someone figures this out, please let us know.

Re: Google Home Mini redemption failed

meredithmoritz
Casual Listener

I read in the Terms and Conditions:
Subscriptions to Spotify Premium for Students or Spotify Premium for Family are not eligible for this Supplemental Offer. 

Spotify, why? It's still a premium plan and you're excluding a big chunk of your paid subscription users from this offer.

Re: Free Google home mini for Canada Premium

hamid166262

My problem is that my Student Premium will be finished soon and I will be charged in next month for regular Premium

grayla1223
Casual Listener

We have had a family plan for years and would like to take advantage of this offer as well. Why are we not included?

CBoulay

In the same boat. This is ridiculous...figures.

gord_on
Casual Listener

I've sent a message to @spotifycares on twitter, which seems to be the primary support contact (eyeroll) to see if there is a way for Family subs to take advantage of this. Will report back with results

Highlighted

TomKavarnic
Casual Listener

The only thing I can think is that for $9.99 per month with Premium you get one account, while with the Family plan you get up to 5 accounts for $5 more. If each were on their own account it would be $50 per month.

I can see the logic behind it, but I still think it's dumb, they would be better off having not offered the promo to existing accounts.

SUGGESTED POSTS