Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Solved!

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Canada

Device

My Question or Issue

Why is the family plan excluded from the offer?  Only the base premium plan gets the Google home mini? That is complete BS.  Every other Country the family plan was eligible

411 Replies

Seems odd that I would have to downgrade and then upgrade again to get this offer.  It doesn't make sense.  

I'm in the same boat, family plan, will not let me redeem!

i have also been a family premium holder for years. the link keeps asking me to get premium to get the google home but i already have it.. ???? 

I am currently enrolled in the family subscription plan and it appears that I am not eligible for the promotion? I'm wondering if this is a bug or intentional? Not sure why paying more would exclude us, but if that's the case it's *very* irritating.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 12

According to their Twitter, the offer is only for people who pay 9.99 a month. Family and Student premium members aren't eligible 😞

Id like one, but im not downgrading my family plan just to get it.

Was hoping to get confirmation on that. I think the US, UK and France had it for family as well so not very cool to take that away from Canada! 

I seem to be having the same kind of trouble on my side, here in Canada. I have the Premium Family plan... that I pay 14,99 Can per month and I can't find a way to redeem the google home mini... Makes me wonder if that promotion isn't just a scam to get new users... but certainly not to keep the ones they have already.

They should change it. I agree, not cool of them.

I tried downgrading but then when I clicked on the button to get the Home Mini, I got an error saying I'm not eligible. I am a monthly family subscriber but can't get it.  This doesn't really make sense. 

Anyone have luck with downgrading? 

This offer doesn't apply to premium family plans just the 9.99 regular premium. We pay more but don't qualify. 

Family 

Premium

Canada

My Question or Issue

How can Family Premium members (who pay more) receive the offer for the Google Home Mini? Should we downgrade our accounts to receive the same benefits?

Waiting on a Spotify to offer this promotion to us Canadians!!! Please update us on this thread!

I have the same issue Here....

Premium Familly, no email.

i might change for another service just for that...

even when downgrading it won't work...

why is that?

Having the same issue here, downgrading didn't fix it either. I'm getting: "It looks like you’re not eligible for that offer, but we found more for you."

I’m trying to redeem google home mini with my student premium, and the website doesn’t let me to redeem, saying “I’m not eligible for the redemption,” so I do I fix this? 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

CA

Device

(iPhone X

Operating System

(iOS 12

Heard back from support - Family and Student plans are not eligible, making what we're seeing ostensibly expected behaviour. 

This is a Canada offer - but only on the regular premium.  My Beef is Family plan is not eligible

Suggested posts