Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Solved!

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Canada

Device

My Question or Issue

Why is the family plan excluded from the offer?  Only the base premium plan gets the Google home mini? That is complete BS.  Every other Country the family plan was eligible

411 Replies

Prez87 the downgrade does not take effect until the end of the billing cycle.  So you still have the family plan until then.  

Dear Spotify management,

I'm very disappointed that you have to be a single premium user to recieve this offer... I suppose the extra money for the family plan isn't enough? At least you offer it to some existing subscribers, and not just the new ones.

Sincerely,

A loyal family subscriber

I was also quite bummed I couldn’t get it on a family  plan. Seems silly to me I would have to go down to just premium to get one 🙄 Offer this to everyone with a premium account!

Waiting on a response from Spotify about this.

I am going to assume that this is an oversight on the part of someone at Spotify, since the offer is available to premium and premium for students.

Doesn't make sense that it wouldn't be available to Premium Family accounts.

I have exactly the same issue - Premium for Family in Canada and no offer!  It sucks!!!

"But we found more for you?" what does this mean?

I am getting the same thing.  I'm giving them more money but get less.  Are you as frustrated as I am.

I'm in the same boat. I want the google mini but for some stupid reason, we can't have it with the family plan. Spotify please fix this

I looked at some posts from US costumers who had the same problem back in December/Jan. Looks like they got a link sent or the functionality was added by spotify to allow premium family plans to receive a google home.. hopefully we will too!

Doesn't suck sounds like it's time for us to switch music providers. Were paying g more for less.

This is embarrassing on Spotify Canada. A little bit of research shows that other countries that ran this promo did not have this issue with the family plans. We pay more, just make it an option for us. Downgrading isn't a viable option because then I'm kicking off others from using the service. Really hope this gets resolved.

Yeah I saw that and tried those links assuming they had learnt from it.  No luck. I am also really not impressed with be directed to a community forum instead of being able to contact some one at Spotify. Not that I have a lot of issues but not having support is not cool.  

These two items might bring me back to google music or apple music.

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/offer/

Can you explain to me why you are rewarding users who are giving you less money than me with free google home minis?  Also, users just signing up for one month and cancelling? You can see at the below link that is what most people are doing!

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/spotify-free-google-home-mini-spotify-premium-subscribers-2277442/25...

If you look at this thread, you are sending google home minis to people who are signing up for one month, insta cancelling just to get it for free

But me, a LONG TIME CUSTOMER who pays you more money is not eligible.

If you don't send me a code to be able to use this offer, I will be cancelling my service at the end of this billing cycle and moving to Tidal/Apple Music/Youtube/Amazon Music instead.

Yes so frustrated! It doesn't make sense. 

If Spotify does not address this in a timely manner I'm filing a complaint with the CRTC. 

I'm tired of these bait and switch offers from Telecoms, ISPs, and other service providers. 

I know! I was hoping to speak with someone in support to figure out a way they can honor the deal for the Premium Family members too but there was nothing. Hoping this forum can help bring this to the appropriate person's radar. 

I really hope this gets changed soon, this is very disappointing, and I cannot just jump off of the Family Plan and jump onto Spotify Premium and kick everyone else off! 

This is an inane oversight, this was offered in other countries where eligibility was offered for Family Plan members.

Please review these posts and let it be known how disappointed your paying customers are.

Yup or the great big cancel subscription on principle is a coming.  I didn't have any issues with apple apple family plan I also didn't have any issues with google music. I like Spotify radio better but once you make me angry on principle then it's done. 

same thing happening to me, seems extremely unfair...

Free stuff is always nice and its not fair that Canada has been excluded but lets be reasonable...

Yes with the family plan you pay $5/month more but you also get 5 more premium accounts in return. Thats a $50 value for only $5. These highly discounted premium accounts are why we are not eligable for offers like this. 

I realize not everyone uses all 5 additional premium accounts but even if you use just one you are already saving $5 a month.

Thanks Spotify for offering the Family plan and saving me $45 a month. I'll use those savings to buy a Google Home myself.

Suggested posts