Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Solved!

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Canada

Device

My Question or Issue

Why is the family plan excluded from the offer?  Only the base premium plan gets the Google home mini? That is complete BS.  Every other Country the family plan was eligible

411 Replies

I am having the same problem. Ordered my google home April 9. It is now May 30. Nothing has come with no notification.  Has anyone actually received this?

It took a long time, but I did get mine. From my understanding, they're shipping in batches due to limited stock

I still haven't received my google home mini 😞 Who do I contact to look into this?

I have heard the offer for a Google home mini is back on.  Hiw can I get one if i live in canada and have a premium subscription? 

Thanks

Hey, @Tito7 

Just go on this link, tap the plan you want to subscribe to (or the one you are currently subscribed) and on the next page, tap "Get your Google Home Mini".

If you are eligible, you'll get the option to reserve your Google Home Mini, and it is just necessary wait for an email from Spotify and Google Store.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Hezorg,
I tried the link and it said that the offer is not available in my country?

Hey again, @Tito7 

The deal is only available for US users. Check out the Terms and Conditions of this bundle. 

And for more clear informations about it, take a look at this article.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

So I have never felt the need to post anything until now but I am going to start off this great experience by asking what kind of genius thought it would be a good idea to offer this to someone paying $10 a month and not someone paying $15? I have Deezer and Tidal as well as Beatpork Link, Beatsource and soundcloud go+ The latter have all been added to the PROFESSIONAL DJ apps (as in NOT Djay which is a toy) and I have been using Spotify less and less. To make things even better (for me not Spotify) I am using an app called soundiiz which is letting me import my ENTIRE Spotify playlist to ALL other major streaming solutions including the DJ apps themselves. I have stood by Spotify's side for LONNNNNG time and while this home mini thing is a fart compared to the amount of money I spend on monthly subs to streaming music and record pools it is the simple and complete disregard for the people paying your electric bills. I expect I won't need an answer to this as it simply won't matter at the end of this billing cycle.

How do you give a dislike 🙂

Hey, @deejdave 

Could you be more specific about the issue you're experiencing or your doubt? I'd love to help you...

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

It's a shame that spotify is shunning it's Canadian clients by only offering the giveaway to US clients.
Marked as solution

Hey all,

So we've currently launched the Google Home Mini offer for US citizens. Both Premium Individual and Premium Family users can apply. Users that have the Student Discount are not eligible.

You can find detailed info about the offer here.

If you live outside of the US we recommend keeping an eye out for any future offers we might have. In the meantime we will be closing this topic as not to confuse users with info from previous offers.

Thanks!

Suggested posts