[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Solved!

Re: Home Mini Canada Offer

DanjaBus
Casual Listener

It's totally ridiculous that we pay more for this and are excluded. Being forced to downgrade my plan just to participate is equally ridiculous. Not pleased.

AllCdnBoy
Casual Listener

Personally,  I think every plan should receive this, but completely understand their logic.

The person paying the bill IS paying more, but a person that is paying for the premium is the only one benefiting.  On the Family Plan, you could have 5 adults who are all capable of paying for themselves all get the exact same services as if they were paying for the invidivual plan.  

While I disagree with this promotion (because I like free stuff as much as the next), I also understand their logic and not going to get upset about it.  They voluntearily gave me the work around without asking for it or having to be an irrate customer, so I'm happy with their response.  Whether I take advantage of it or not ... don't know.  It's a bit of a hassle and don't really need a Mini.

nickdetroit
Regular

I would not have an isue if they had not offered it to Family subscibers in the US and the UK.  Only in Canada are family subscribers excluded

DanjaBus
Casual Listener

The biggest issue for me, is that this promo includes Family subscribers in every other country. To not do so here for no established reason is an incredible oversight.

SDude
Casual Listener

I think though that while there is certainly value, the question here is why does the promo not apply to a higher end package vs. the lower end package.  Just doesn't make any logical sense especially when their own tech support tells you to downgrade to get the promo.

Re: Google Home Mini with family subscription trying to charge me

eight_c
Regular

I mean even with family accounts there is one main account holder who pays so why should that person not be eligible? I get you aren't gonna give 5 away but like I pay for my family plan so I mean this is kind lame that they would do this.

SDude
Casual Listener

Bumping this thread to add my voice of confusion and displeasure.  This is a huge mistake by Spotify, especially when asking people to downgrade (thus LOSING revenue) in order to then get a free piece of hardware, (further hit to revenue per customer).  From any standpoint, I have no idea how the marketing/sales team thought that this was remotely a good idea... So now you've upset customers, and those who go through the hassle of getting the free device has cost you revenue! lol?

Zxarr
Regular

I came looking for this offer as well and I'm ticked off about not offering it to their Family Plan members.   I just had a similar discussion with PayPal about the state of 'offers' and 'deals' lately.  They all seem a bit paltry.  I'd rather see fewer GOOD offers and not these monthly offers of low percentages, or gifts with caveats and conditions.

If you make an offer, make it to everyone!  If it costs a lot, then plan for fewer, but much better offers, instead of things like this.

deridder45
Regular

@SDude wrote:

Bumping this thread to add my voice of confusion and displeasure.  This is a huge mistake by Spotify, especially when asking people to downgrade (thus LOSING revenue) in order to then get a free piece of hardware, (further hit to revenue per customer).  From any standpoint, I have no idea how the marketing/sales team thought that this was remotely a good idea... So now you've upset customers, and those who go through the hassle of getting the free device has cost you revenue! lol?

I definitely think Spotify can do a better job with communication here but I dont think the normal premium plan is a "downgrade" from the Family Plan.

The Family Plan is a discount plan. If you have two family members your normal premium price would be $20/month. On the Family Plan the cost is only $15 a month, thats a discount.

Obsideon
Casual Listener

Also came to the community looking for answers and glad that there is already a strong group of users that have the same issue.

Just chiming into the thread and hoping for an update from the Spotify camp, soon.

SUGGESTED POSTS