[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Solved!

Re: Home Mini Canada Offer

PhilCaetano
Casual Listener

Seems odd that I would have to downgrade and then upgrade again to get this offer.  It doesn't make sense.  

Re: Google Home Mini with family subscription trying to charge me

leftwing
Casual Listener

I'm in the same boat, family plan, will not let me redeem!

Re: Free Google home mini for Canada Premium

hanna1626

i have also been a family premium holder for years. the link keeps asking me to get premium to get the google home but i already have it.. ???? 

Google Home Mini promotion (Canada) - not working for Family subscription

leftwing
Casual Listener

I am currently enrolled in the family subscription plan and it appears that I am not eligible for the promotion? I'm wondering if this is a bug or intentional? Not sure why paying more would exclude us, but if that's the case it's *very* irritating.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 12

Re: Free google home in canada

wotspideyab
Casual Listener

According to their Twitter, the offer is only for people who pay 9.99 a month. Family and Student premium members aren't eligible :(

rabidmaggot

Id like one, but im not downgrading my family plan just to get it.

spramij
Regular

Was hoping to get confirmation on that. I think the US, UK and France had it for family as well so not very cool to take that away from Canada! 

Re: Google Home Mini redemption failed

sophiecaron55

I seem to be having the same kind of trouble on my side, here in Canada. I have the Premium Family plan... that I pay 14,99 Can per month and I can't find a way to redeem the google home mini... Makes me wonder if that promotion isn't just a scam to get new users... but certainly not to keep the ones they have already.

wotspideyab
Casual Listener

They should change it. I agree, not cool of them.

Prez87

I tried downgrading but then when I clicked on the button to get the Home Mini, I got an error saying I'm not eligible. I am a monthly family subscriber but can't get it.  This doesn't really make sense. 

Anyone have luck with downgrading? 

SUGGESTED POSTS