Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Solved!

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Canada

Device

My Question or Issue

Why is the family plan excluded from the offer?  Only the base premium plan gets the Google home mini? That is complete BS.  Every other Country the family plan was eligible

411 Replies

So sad that that they would offer it in another country but not here in Canada....I hope that this is just a glitch.

I have a Spotify premium subscription that I paid yearly for instead of paying monthly. When I tried to redeem the offer it said I was not eligible for it. I do not understand why I wouldn’t be if I am still paying for a Spotify premium account. Spotify can you please remedy this? 

I have the $9.99 plan and it won't allow me to register for the Google Home mini either.

Thankfully my subscription ends on the 14th... how did you talk to a rep?  I don't want to have to re-invite all my family members and all that head ache.  

I currently subscribe to the family premium plan. I am completely disappointed that the free mini apparenly does not apply to this plan.

It doesn't make sense to me at all as other countries are able to do it and also because I actually pay more for this plan then the single plan costs.

This is ridiculus Spotify peeps.

come on spotify!!! SAY SOMETHING

I have the Family Premium plan as well.  The terms of the promotion state that Family Premium plans are not eligible, which is complete garbage in my opinion.  Let's not offer the promotion to those who pay more and are most likely to use a Google Home Mini as a FAMILY.  

Please rethink this and extend the offer to Family Premium subscription holders as well.

Through chat, don't bother going though your own means cause you'll
probably get an error.

Well I just cancelled my subscription... we'll see if I bother setting it up again or just go some where else.  Do you have the link for the chat area ?  I can't seem to find it as I'm sure they've hidden it some place.

Yeah took me a while to find it, essentially you have to go through their FAQ's page and click through until it'll say did this article help you? And you have to press no. And should pop up for a chat.

I have the same problem.. wth?

This makes zero sense to me , I have Spotify premium Family as well, not quite understanding why we are excluded from the offer . Pretty disappointing considering it's $5 more monthly.  Spotify needs to reassess this !!

I just spent 30 minutes talking on the live chat to Spotify Canada. It’s riduculous. They wanted me to delete my family account to get the offer then reinstate it as before. Other countries such as the USA changed it so that it included family Premium accounts. Canadians being **bleep** over again. 

Anyone want to try starting a twitter storm?  Got a lot of followers to re-tweet it?  I have 12.  Not many, but I'll definately retweet if you post the link to the tweet here.

Don’t have Twitter sorry

I am also encountering this. hopefully they can fix it.

Why are the people that are paying for a family package not eligible for this????????????????

Just spent 30 minutes with Spotify arguing this.

It happened on the US site when they introduced the offer and were forced
to extend it to family members. Same as Spotify UK.

Only Canada getting **bleep**.

What’s up Spotify? Why isn’t the Family Plan eligible for the free Google Home Mini?

1. Just terrible. What a bunch of 💩

Suggested posts