Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Solved!

[Canada] Can I get a Google Home mini if I'm on a Premium for Family or Student discount?

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Canada

Device

My Question or Issue

Why is the family plan excluded from the offer?  Only the base premium plan gets the Google home mini? That is complete BS.  Every other Country the family plan was eligible

411 Replies

I am in the same boat. Everytime I try to redeem it says that I am not currently eligible for this promotion.

same issue for me, 

I agree. This is frustrating. We pay more for the Family premium plan and and we can't redeem the offer. Spotify when will family plan members be able to get the offer?

This totally doesn't make any sense. Spotify is trying to ask family premium members to downgrade to a single one? If we are paying more why aren't we getting the same as people paying less? Spotify please rethink this, are you willing to lose a bunch of loyal customers paying for family premium plans?

@angelak1 wrote:

Family 

Premium

Canada

My Question or Issue

How can Family Premium members (who pay more) receive the offer for the Google Home Mini? Should we downgrade our accounts to receive the same benefits?

This is what I received 

20190409_194625.jpg

Looks like the offer simply isn't available to family plan subscribers. With any luck they will extend the offer like they did in other countries. 

Sure wish there was an easier way to contact Spotify regarding the issue 🙄

Google mini only valid for single normal premium. Not family plan or student plan.

Management must note that excluding the family plan from this offer is unfair and cheap on their part. We are the ones paying the higher fee for the service. its been worth it until now. We should be offered a google home full size for our loyalty but instead its a slap in the face.   Fix this Spotify, or we go. 

Premium Family Plan being excluded from this is total bullsh*t, #Spotifyfail. 

Way to alienate your Premium Family Plan subscribers, we pay more money, and get no deal, dumb.  Maybe we should switch to Apple Music. 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Canada

Device

LG G4

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

Am I eligible for a Google home mini if I get spotify premium student discount? 

No, unfortunately, it's only available to those who pay the full monthly price for a Premium subscription. Those with student accounts, family accounts, and Premium through partners (such as PS Plus) are not eligible. 

Hi,

My account used to be spotify student premium , but then I cancelled the subscription and re-subscribe with normal premium . I tried again to get the google mini and it still say that I am not eligible for the offer. How do I solve this issue ? 

I immediately looked for an option to downgrade to standard premium, but I don’t see it. Do I actually have to cancel the subscription in order to switch?  As a business model it really doesn’t make sense to encourage us to spend less. Its an excellent idea to get ppl to sign up this way, but holy...this is a way to get your highest spending customers very angry. Even though I don’t tweet very often I’m going to head over to twitter and say my piece there. And ofc retweet anyone who agrees lol. 

We need to be loud and angry like the Brit’s and the Yanks. Or start us a class action lawsuit for pain and suffering caused by listening to music on tiny speakers coupled with thumb-arthritis from writing complaints 😉

Cheers

Only those who pay the full monthly price for a standard Premium account are eligible for this offer. This means that, as djriful said, family and student accounts are not included. To add to this, those who get Premium through partners, such as PS Plus, are not included either. I'm one of them so I know it's disappointing 😞 

Not cool. Those of us who hold Family memberships pay more, only to find out that we aren’t even offered the same perks as Premium members? This is a deterrent; to be honest, I am considering switching to another provider. 

Canada has the CRTC but I don't see that being a factor in why the family plan subscibers are excluded from the offer..... wth??

Hi all,

Unfortunately, this promotion is only for those with standard Premium subscriptions; this means that those with family plans, students plans, and Premium through partners  are not eligible.

I downgraded and still no code it tells me im not eligible

Hey, everytime I try to claim the Google mini it asks me to change my family subscription to a regular one or says the offer isn't available.  What can I do to fix this?

Because the Family Plan is a discount as it can be used for up to 6 people, it is not elligible for the google home mini. Since i save a whole 3 dollars a month (by the amount of people who actually use this account), the payments i have already been making as a long time customer apparently dont mean as much as the possibility of a new customer signing up.

So if i would have paid... 36 dollars more for the past year for a whole second account, i could get a free google home mini....

TLDR; "dont bother with the family plan unless you actually have 6 people in your household because you are not elligible for any of their future promotions and you will not save more than what the promotional item would be worth".

Suggested posts