Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel Facebook and keep my Spotify's subscription. It's possible?

Solved!

Cancel Facebook and keep my Spotify's subscription. It's possible?

Hi, 

It's possible to cancel my subscription with Facebook and keep my Spotify account? I try to close Facebook but when I did I could not login to Spotify. What you recommend; begin a new subscription in other account t with Spotify (it will erased all my playlist) or i can keep my subscription cancelling my Facebook account? How I can get this username and password? 

Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks!

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star

It shouldn't be that hard for some techie at Spotify to create a script that handles these requests. Why point everyone to support if it could/should be done with a few simple clicks?

Why?

Becasue no one ever bothers to reply.

EVER

This place is a joke - no official support whatsoever.

You have to rely on other users who've cracked/hacked to workarounds.

Hang on...

There shouldn't be a reason for workarounds when you are PAYING for a service FFS!

You only have to look at their point blank refusal to sort out the App for Samsung - they haven't updated it since 2014 so all of the newer smart TV's can't run it.

Yet they happpily advertise they do.

They happily show it on merchandising, etc.

Before anyone has a pop - it is definitely Spotify as all Samsung do is host the app on their server. If there is no app available - your tv cannot download it.

Guess what - there's no app available becasue this lot are happy to take your money and refuse to respond to any criticism or requests.

Suggested posts