Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel Free Account

Solved!

Cancel Free Account

Someone please tell me how I go about cancelling this free Spotify account?? I sent Spotify a message, and they referred me here. I am not happy with the service I have received and I'll just leave it at that. Is anyone willing to help me out with this? Cancelling an account should be very simple, however I've not come accross any cancel options anywhere! How do I cancel the account??

112 Replies

If you paid through Paypal, you cancel recurring payments through them.  There is no way to do so on this site.

CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey @danieljh711,

To cancel and delete your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

THIS DOES NOT WORK!!! WHEN I REACH THE SUBSCRIPTION PAGE IT ONLY DISPLAYS A
BOX THAT SAYS THAT I'M ON THE FREE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION AND OFFERS ME TO
UPRGARDE TO THE PREMIUM FREE FOR A MONTHLY SERVICE AND NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!

THIS DOES NOT WORK!!! WHEN I REACH THE SUBSCRIPTION PAGE IT ONLY DISPLAYS A
BOX THAT SAYS THAT I'M ON THE FREE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION AND OFFERS ME TO
UPRGARDE TO THE PREMIUM FREE FOR A MONTHLY SERVICE AND NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!

To get your FREE account deleted/deactivated (after you have successfully canceled your trial or paid PREMIUM subscription), you use the contact form to request delete. Spotify sends an email in response to your contact. It gets sent to your address that you have listed on the account. This contact confirmation email will tell you to not reply back to the address the email was sent from.

USE THE REPLY FUNCTION IN YOUR EMAIL ANYWAY. It's confusing, I know.

I was geting Spotify emails promoting the service. I never signed up for or used Spotify, but someone else in the house used my junk email to sign up. I was angry the first time around because it said "do not reply" back to the address the email was sent from. I re-read the solution from meridith back in 2012, and since then, Peter, and both specifically addressed replying to the "do not reply" email to delete a FREE, non Premium account. Replying to the do not reply email really works. There's some emails back and forth for confirmation purposes, but it eventually happens. Don't give up.

Now that I remain part of this thread, I get emails related to it and can see when frustrated people post to it.

@danieljh711

You may be using a different account from the one that's being charged. Do you get email receipts for your subscription charges? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts. Ssk for a password reset if necessary.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.

If not, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be glad to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hey @gward2-9

Go to the top of the page and look for 'Topic Options'. In there click on 'Unsubscribe' to stop receiving emails if you wish to do so. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

I don't mind updates regarding this thread. When someone gets stuck and frustrated trying to cancel their free acount, I reply to them sometimes. I was there once. But thanks for posting the hint for those who want out of thread updates emails.

Thank you Gaberoids for Apple iTunes instructions. Three times in case anyone using Apple might scroll too fast ☺. I've been liking and marking as solution Peter's non-Apple instructions. If Gaberoids solution works for you, please com back to this thread and confirm it.

I need cancel account

Hey @Jaabatiz,

You need to follow this link. Look under 'Account' > 'I want to close my Spotify account permanently'. Once done, you'll receive an email to confirm. If you didn't use Facebook to create the account you'll get an optional link to reactivate the account within 7 days.

osorniosSpotify Star

I went in to cancel my premium package but following the links it says I have the free package......but every month on the 17th I pay $10.59 for that "free subscription" I have reached out to spotify in Twitter and no response...
Marked as solution

Thank you that worked and for everyone who is reading any of this DO NOT PAY these people

delete my account please.

Marked as solution

Could you please cancel my free premium trial as It was requested by accident.

regards

James

Please DELETE MY ACCOUNT
CANNOT pay for service!!

r08gatewood0808@gmail.com
Thank you

I want to cancel my account. I don't want the premium account. I clicked on it to see what it offered and then it said Thabks for becoming premium or something.

I need my account cancelled ASAP. It is suppose to be free and I was charged over $10. I tried canceling but the big pop up box that says I'm still free won't let me. I did a contact form and I was sent here, to do this again. I am not sure why it's so difficult. I am very unhappy with my service and I would like a refund.

My account is Soulbelove@gmail.com

Suggested posts