Cancel Free Account

Solved!

Re: Cancel Free Account

Hauck

I am so annoyed, I filled out the request for cancellation and have emailed spotify several times and now its on the fifth month of fees being charged to my credit card.($10/month) I will now call the credit card company to dispute charges but really this is the worst customer service ever!  I see now why they make it so hard to cancel, the app was not that great and I cancelled before 30 days

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

Sorry to hear you are having issues, it is obviously not Spotify's intention to charge you if you are not using the services. If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get to the bottom of this for you. (If you have already done so, read below)

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

user-removed
Not applicable

hi can someone help me to cancel my account, canc last month and payment taken again, the sites not working today, so cant request cancellation again, thanks

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

cant get onto the contact form. please help, need to cancel asap

Spotify
Spotify

Hi jaydens10 - I believe you've made two accounts on our system. You can help us hunt down the second one by filling out our contact form

If you have any trouble with the site please let us know. 

Matt0528
How the hell do I get my account cancelled?! I have followed the directions to the contact form just to be redirected to the FAQ or Community Board. I am in Afghanistan and do not have hours a day to spend on your website getting the runaround!! Why do you make it so difficult just to cancel?! I want this done ASAP! Help!

user-removed
Not applicable

I've attempted to cancel my account as well. It circles back to the community but provides no solution to cancel. I just want to cancel my account. Clearly Spotify is a scam. A simple method of cancelling should be porvided.

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi jaydens10 - I believe you've made two accounts on our system. You can help us hunt down the second one by filling out our contact form

If you have any trouble with the site please let us know. 

If you have got in touch using the contact form, just reply to the automated email you get and your case will be pushed to an agent who can help you close your account. 

Peter

Peter

Solution!

Ru4psu
Casual Listener
This customer service suck! There is NO way to cancel your account. I've never encountered a paid service that does not have a cancel subscription option on their webpage. I think it's time to file a class action suit and contacted the better business bureau.

Peter__
Community Legend

@Ru4psu wrote:
This customer service suck! There is NO way to cancel your account. I've never encountered a paid service that does not have a cancel subscription option on their webpage. I think it's time to file a class action suit and contacted the better business bureau.

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

I don't understand what you are saying. If you want to cancel your paid subscription, you can do so from your online profile at any time. 

If you are looking to delete a free account, all you need to do is follow the steps here and its not an issue either. 

Peter

Peter

SUGGESTED POSTS