Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel Free Account

Solved!

Cancel Free Account

Someone please tell me how I go about cancelling this free Spotify account?? I sent Spotify a message, and they referred me here. I am not happy with the service I have received and I'll just leave it at that. Is anyone willing to help me out with this? Cancelling an account should be very simple, however I've not come accross any cancel options anywhere! How do I cancel the account??

112 Replies

I am having the same issue. Did they solve it for you? This is so frustrating.

I have already sent them an email to cancel my free account. No response. I can't get access to the email on the free account, therefore I can't "click" on the activation code.

Hey @nokkz

If you contact support from your account, the support reply may probably go to an email you don't have access to.

Log out of the Spotify website in your browser and fill out this contact form. Someone from Spotify will be happy to help you out.

Make sure you are logged out of any Spotify account in your browser when using the contact form or the username and custom email field will not show up. It is important so that you can enter the information of the account you are having trouble with. If you are logged in with a different account that is not having the problem, that account info will be used and support will be confused.

You should get a reply within 24-48 hours. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares or message Spotify Cares Facebook.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can someone please cancel my free account please? I'm having a hard time trying to cancel my Spotify account? Please help me.

-Karla.

Hey @user-removed

You need to follow this link. Look under 'Account' > 'I want to close my Spotify account permanently'. Once done, you'll receive an email to confirm. If you didn't use Facebook to create the account you'll get an optional link to reactivate the account within 7 days.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Marked as solution

I want cancel free account

Hey @juunniia

You need to follow this link. Look under 'Account' > 'I want to close my Spotify account permanently'. Once done, you'll receive an email to confirm. If you didn't use Facebook to create the account you'll get an optional link to reactivate the account within 7 days.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, I have same problem 😞 no contact for anybody!!! I dont understand! And I dont speak english very well, so its more hard! 

Please do you know now, how to do it?

Thank you so much, LeMonique

Hey @user-removed

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

This is ridiculous cancle my account, I was free now it's charging me 

Hey @mikemart59

If you did input payment information, check the status of your subscription.

In there you should delete your payment info to prevent any charges.

If you are an iphone user, you do need to check your itunes subscriptions for Auto Renewals and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

If you're getting charged, it could also mean you're paying a different account. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Can you please cancel my subscription.

Hey @Y624zf78n5a65q0

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you see a random number, that's your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook. If you see it in your receipt, you need to use the Log In with Facebook button.

You can login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts