Cancel Free Account

Solved!

Cancel Free Account

Getmeouttahere
Casual Listener

Someone please tell me how I go about cancelling this free Spotify account?? I sent Spotify a message, and they referred me here. I am not happy with the service I have received and I'll just leave it at that. Is anyone willing to help me out with this? Cancelling an account should be very simple, however I've not come accross any cancel options anywhere! How do I cancel the account??

16 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

Hi everyone- Your best route for requesting an account deletion is the contact form.

If you receive a message directing you back to the Community, simply just reply again with your message. Your email will reach a member of our support team who can then delete your account. 

View solution in original post

Solution!

mark8ing

That would be a great solution, except that Spotify sends their emails from no-reply! They offer absolutely NO WAY to cancel their  f###cking service. I will get out somehow, and never ever recommend it to anyone.

Contacting the Spotify Support Team <no-reply@spotify.com>

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

@mark8ing wrote:

That would be a great solution, except that Spotify sends their emails from no-reply! They offer absolutely NO WAY to cancel their  f###cking service. I will get out somehow, and never ever recommend it to anyone.

Contacting the Spotify Support Team <no-reply@spotify.com>

Hey!

Welcome to the community 🙂

Yes the emails are sent from no-reply, but replying to the email will send your reply into the customer support system and a member of staff will pick up your case and assist you. So just reply and it will all get sorted for you! If you are trying to close an account, they will need to confirm some details so will probably contact you again via email, so be sure to check your inbox as well as junk folders.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Sorry to hear you are having issues, it is obviously not Spotify's intention to charge you if you are not using the services. If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get to the bottom of this for you. (If you have already done so, read below)

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi jaydens10 - I believe you've made two accounts on our system. You can help us hunt down the second one by filling out our contact form

If you have any trouble with the site please let us know. 

If you have got in touch using the contact form, just reply to the automated email you get and your case will be pushed to an agent who can help you close your account. 

Peter

Peter

Solution!

Ru4psu
Casual Listener
This customer service suck! There is NO way to cancel your account. I've never encountered a paid service that does not have a cancel subscription option on their webpage. I think it's time to file a class action suit and contacted the better business bureau.

Solution!

Ru4psu
Casual Listener
Deleted my account where? When you click the "here" link you posted all it does is take you to a forum of people complaining about the same issue. So I I previously posted this customer service sucks.
Here's an idea... If it's as easy as you say post the step by step instructions yourself in a response to this.

Solution!

Peter__
Community Legend
Ready to delete your account? Just hop over to our our contact form. 

Please note! Some of you may receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community.

Don't fret. If you reply directly to that email your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

Peter

Solution!

blake
Community Legend

@Adolfo05 wrote:

I want to disactivate my subscription.

In order to request that your free account is deactivated, use the contact form

If you want to cancel a Premium membership and go down to Free, you can do so from the subscription page

Solution!

onyx373
Please cancel my subscription as well. Your cancellation links are nonfunctional.

Solution!

blake
Community Legend

There's no need to cancel a free subscription. If you want to delete your account, please use the contact form. When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.
contact form, and they'll be able to sort this out for you. When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.

Solution!

spotify-delete

Why the hell do spotify not just make a delete account button this is truly embarassing the ammount of people looking for the same information regarding this. Im guessing spotify is just one giant bloody scam.

NOW DELETE MY **bleep**EY BLOODY ACCOUNT................................................

Solution!

ramirezdaniel62
Regular
Cancel my account, no need for it,I will no longer be paying for it.

Solution!

Dyrong0317
Casual Listener
Thank you that worked and for everyone who is reading any of this DO NOT PAY these people

Solution!

J17051952n

Could you please cancel my free premium trial as It was requested by accident.

regards

James

Solution!

juunniia

I want cancel free account

112 Replies

Y624zf78n5a65q0
Casual Listener

Can you please cancel my subscription.

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Y624zf78n5a65q0

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you see a random number, that's your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook. If you see it in your receipt, you need to use the Log In with Facebook button.

You can login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi, I have same problem 😞 no contact for anybody!!! I dont understand! And I dont speak english very well, so its more hard! 

Please do you know now, how to do it?

Thank you so much, LeMonique

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @user-removed

You need to follow this link. Look under 'Account' > 'I want to close my Spotify account permanently'. Once done, you'll receive an email to confirm. If you didn't use Facebook to create the account you'll get an optional link to reactivate the account within 7 days.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24

user-removed
Not applicable

Can someone please cancel my free account please? I'm having a hard time trying to cancel my Spotify account? Please help me.

-Karla.

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @user-removed

You need to follow this link. Look under 'Account' > 'I want to close my Spotify account permanently'. Once done, you'll receive an email to confirm. If you didn't use Facebook to create the account you'll get an optional link to reactivate the account within 7 days.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24

Soulsis3
Regular
I need my account cancelled ASAP. It is suppose to be free and I was charged over $10. I tried canceling but the big pop up box that says I'm still free won't let me. I did a contact form and I was sent here, to do this again. I am not sure why it's so difficult. I am very unhappy with my service and I would like a refund.

Soulsis3
Regular
My account is Soulbelove@gmail.com

tabrown1118
I want to cancel my account. I don't want the premium account. I clicked on it to see what it offered and then it said Thabks for becoming premium or something.

r08gatewood0808
Please DELETE MY ACCOUNT
CANNOT pay for service!!

r08gatewood0808@gmail.com
Thank you

Dyrong0317
Casual Listener
I went in to cancel my premium package but following the links it says I have the free package......but every month on the 17th I pay $10.59 for that "free subscription" I have reached out to spotify in Twitter and no response...

Soulsis3
Regular
I am having the same issue. Did they solve it for you? This is so frustrating.

danieljh711
Casual Listener

CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @danieljh711,

To cancel and delete your payment info, do the following:

1. Go to your Subscription page.

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made, but if you're an iPhone user, you do need to check your iTunes subscriptions Auto Renewal and turn it off for Spotify.

Here are Apple's instructions on how to do it:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24

danieljh711
Casual Listener
THIS DOES NOT WORK!!! WHEN I REACH THE SUBSCRIPTION PAGE IT ONLY DISPLAYS A
BOX THAT SAYS THAT I'M ON THE FREE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION AND OFFERS ME TO
UPRGARDE TO THE PREMIUM FREE FOR A MONTHLY SERVICE AND NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!

gward2-9
Casual Listener
To get your FREE account deleted/deactivated (after you have successfully canceled your trial or paid PREMIUM subscription), you use the contact form to request delete. Spotify sends an email in response to your contact. It gets sent to your address that you have listed on the account. This contact confirmation email will tell you to not reply back to the address the email was sent from.

USE THE REPLY FUNCTION IN YOUR EMAIL ANYWAY. It's confusing, I know.

I was geting Spotify emails promoting the service. I never signed up for or used Spotify, but someone else in the house used my junk email to sign up. I was angry the first time around because it said "do not reply" back to the address the email was sent from. I re-read the solution from meridith back in 2012, and since then, Peter, and both specifically addressed replying to the "do not reply" email to delete a FREE, non Premium account. Replying to the do not reply email really works. There's some emails back and forth for confirmation purposes, but it eventually happens. Don't give up.

Now that I remain part of this thread, I get emails related to it and can see when frustrated people post to it.

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @gward2-9

Go to the top of the page and look for 'Topic Options'. In there click on 'Unsubscribe' to stop receiving emails if you wish to do so. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 24

gward2-9
Casual Listener
I don't mind updates regarding this thread. When someone gets stuck and frustrated trying to cancel their free acount, I reply to them sometimes. I was there once. But thanks for posting the hint for those who want out of thread updates emails.

danieljh711
Casual Listener
THIS DOES NOT WORK!!! WHEN I REACH THE SUBSCRIPTION PAGE IT ONLY DISPLAYS A
BOX THAT SAYS THAT I'M ON THE FREE MONTH SUBSCRIPTION AND OFFERS ME TO
UPRGARDE TO THE PREMIUM FREE FOR A MONTHLY SERVICE AND NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@danieljh711

You may be using a different account from the one that's being charged. Do you get email receipts for your subscription charges? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login to the website with that username to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts. Ssk for a password reset if necessary.

In there you can cancel if you want to, and delete your payment info.

If not, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be glad to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosRock Star 24
SUGGESTED POSTS