Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancel subscription

Solved!

Cancel subscription

I want to cancel my prescription but can't figure it out. Can you give me a step by step of a customer service phone number to call?
52 Replies

Hey @kiwionwheels ! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to make sure that your account and subscription are cancelled so you won't be charged. Be aware until you do this an receive confirmation from them, your account will not be cancelled. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the exact same problem.

@M477HEW - All you should need to do is follow the steps here:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-to-cancel-your-subscription

If you are having any issues, get in touch following my instructions in the post above and a member of the support team can lend a hand. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Peter

You really can't cancel your subsciption. The webiste will tell you "Sorry to see you go"  but WATCH OUT Spotify is still going to charge you on your renewal date next month. I had to have my card cancelled by my bank. There is NO WAY to contact a REAL person at Spotify. FYI: cancel your card now & have your bank issue a new one!!!!

You really can cancel....

Just be sure you go all the way to the end of the process to the confirmation screen and you should also get a confirmation email.

If you are still being billed after that, you have more than one account with a subscription running.

Peter

for some strange reason I can not seem to cancel my subscription for three (3) days now. the website keeps bringing me back to the same page after i Authorize my acount with my facebook password.

Any help???

Capture2.JPG

Have you tried a different browser?

Peter

hmmmm. not yet. currently using chrom browser. would try firebox and IE. report back shortly

WOW!! I finally canceled my subscrption using firefox. and I was here thinking chrome was the ultimate BEST!!!

Hmmmmmmm!!

Thanks a million

I sweated like hell. only 2 days until trial expires and NOW I managed to cancel!
It didn't work with Firefox (fully updated version) but now I managed to do this with IE.

I had exactly the same problem as in that pic earlier n this topic, but there wasn't any links like in that fopoku2kj2:s pic (authorize with facebook or stay premium). So all what I got was just that playlist add and thext above it that says We're sorry to see you go. Nothing under it.

I've now cancelled my premium subscription twice but Spotify keeps taking my money! I can't even contact them which means they are unaccountable. Any suggestions please?

I am trying to cancel my subscription. I get to the final stage and it is insisting that I enter in my password to confirm my cancellation, but it will not recognise my password....this is despite the fact that i have signed in and out several times to ensure Iwas using the correct password and it lets me sign in each time but will not recognise the same password when trying to cancel my subscription....can someone please advise how I am meant to cancel my subscription please

Thanks 

@mrbtheone - It might be a different password to the one you have logged in with. If you are logging in using Facebook, but actually have a Spotify username account, you need the password of your Spotify account to make the account change not your Facebook password.

Peter

It's not that Chrome is not the best, the problem is Spotify, it's incredible that with such financial resources, the haven't invested on compatibility with Chrome. I had been trying for two days to cancel, getting the same message that something had gone wrong until I went on Explorer and could cancel.

Hi, I was waiting to recieve an email telling me when Spotify would be taking money out of my account before a I cancelled it because I don't know whether or not it carries on for the whole month before the premium stops or not and obviously i don't want to cancel it and not get what i paid for. Unfortunately, i did not recieve any notification that money would be taken out of my account and so I was unprepared. I have another bill to be paid for and now I fall short for that. The money was taken out of my account today and so I was wondering as I have not yet used it for the service this month could my money be redeemed?

If the answer is no, and that this is not possible; if i cancel my subscription today will i still recieve the service for the rest of the month?

@nicolrey - You pay for Spotify in advanced, so when you get billed that gives you 30 days of Premium (which you can use even if you cancel your subscription up until your next bill date so you always get all of the time you have paid for). 

If you want to talk refunds, you need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form as Spotify don't deal with any billing issues here on the community. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

I can't cancel my subscription I've emailed twice and still it is active I've logged in on two different browser and gone incognito and it still won't let me remove premium. You don't have a telephone number or and online chat facility??? Come on get with the times your customers need better support than this!!!!

@Johnkh1983 

To cancel your subscription, you need to sign into this page:

https://www.spotify.com/accounts/subscription/

If you don't see a cancel option,

You might have subscribed to premium through the iPhone or iPad app.

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Heyy!

I upgraded to premium last month to see if is worth it, i dont think i use it as much.

I tried to cancel my one month free premium spotify but it keeps showing some error after the last page where you log in from facebook.

I do not wish to pay this month and it wont cancel.

is this some sort of scam or what?

I need my account details to be cancelled and not charged.

Thank you

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts