Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

Solved!

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

On 3/5/12, I had logged in to cancel my trial subscription of Spotify before I was charged for it again. Then, on 3/6/12, I received an email saying that I was charged $9.99, anyway. I logged in again, and for some reason my account is acting as if it was never canceled in the first place.

I need my account properly canceled, and the $9.99 reversed, as I do not intend to continue using Spotify.

It is now 3/11/12, and I have still not received any response from Spotify Support. My case number is 301203. I will only allow until 3/14/12 before I dispute the charge with PayPal, as more than a week is plenty of time for somebody to respond to my support query. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@mikekbear 

For refund inquiries, you will need to contact support

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

279 Replies

Hey,

I'm just looking into this for you now. Keep an eye on your inbox, I'll pop an email over in the next few minutes.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

This also happened to me. I logged in on 3/19/2012 morning and cancelled my subscription before it was set to charge on 3/20/2012. I was charged on 3/21/2012. My account acts like ai never cancelled it. 

i am trying to cancell my subscription and they are trying to say invalid password but i am in my account. I feel as though I got suckered and dont know what to do please help me. If i have to change my card # I will I refuse to pay 4 something I do not use any help will be apprecreciated Thank You KImnberlee Keesler to get a hold of me kimberleekeesler@gmail.com if u r having same problem please letstick together i will up date what is going on !!!! Is this a scam or what

I am having the same problems. Can I please have the trial cancelled and the payment that was sent reversed. 

Can you please help me. The money did not leave my bank account today. Can you please get it reversed and cancel my account. 

Kromanko & yesyes1 - Have a look in your inboxes. Replies to the cases you opened with us should be waiting for you. 

Kimberleekessie- There are two things you can try to help sort this out:

1. Change the Internet browser you're using

2. Be sure you've logged out of the Facebook website

If you're still having trouble, just fill out our contact form so we can help. 

I did reply to my reply and have not heard back from anyone. What am I supposed to do? I want my money refunded and my account cancelled. 

Hi Kromanko - I can see that my colleague sent you an email on Saturday.

Please have a look in your inbox for the message from her--thanks!

To cancel a paypal subscription you need to go into your paypal accoutn and cancel it. It isnt spotify or paypals problem. This is how paypal subs have always worked. Spotify can grant a refund, but if you do not cancel that sub in paypal, it will just happen again next month, then every single month after, until you do cancel it.

I don't have PayPal.

Where can I cancel the payment in my paypal acc? thx!

Wow i cancel my sucribtion for the longest time now and i just noticed theyve still been charging me for months! WTH. 

Hemap - I would suggest contacting our payments team for this. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have also canceled my account and I am still being charged what can I do about this?

Hi, as I mentioned before, I'd suggest contacting our payments team. They'll be able to look into it closer.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Same thing happened to me. And then I got a response from costumer service that wasn't in English, so I have no idea what was said or what to do.

Hi JennyK - That's interesting--sorry about that!

However, I can see one of our agents just sent you a direct email (in English). Have a look in your personal inbox when you have a moment.

I got charged this month even though i cancelled last month please help me get a refund, i can't use spotify premium even though it charged me for this month... 

Suggested posts