Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

Solved!

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

On 3/5/12, I had logged in to cancel my trial subscription of Spotify before I was charged for it again. Then, on 3/6/12, I received an email saying that I was charged $9.99, anyway. I logged in again, and for some reason my account is acting as if it was never canceled in the first place.

I need my account properly canceled, and the $9.99 reversed, as I do not intend to continue using Spotify.

It is now 3/11/12, and I have still not received any response from Spotify Support. My case number is 301203. I will only allow until 3/14/12 before I dispute the charge with PayPal, as more than a week is plenty of time for somebody to respond to my support query. 

279 Replies

Ive cancelled my subscription TWICE and its still charging me.  I now have 3 months charged for 9.99, and cannot get spotify support to respond to my request. 

Hello, I had the same problem except after I cancelled and was still charged the $9.99, my account was made back to its original "Free Spotify" settings on shuffle mode. Can I get it reversed or at least have my account actually being Premium?

@a1amberrenae

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@jennakoobs

Read this post for troubleshooting steps and how to contact support if the steps don't work

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Just-subscribed-Not-getting-Premium...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

I am also having the same issue.  I want my account cancelled immediately and my monies refunded.  Waiting until June 21st  for a response when money is involved is absolutely inacceptable.  And this seems to happen frequently. 19 pages of complaints are not a fluke...it is systemic!!!  I understand use of forums, but when you are talking about an account financial transaction - you should be able to speak to someone directly.  I do not want Spotify any longer - and it should not be a major issue to cancel a subscription.  UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

I signed up for free Spotify and got charged twice ten bucks for it.. Not cool..

Yea I cancelled mine 2 months ago and it renewed it regardless. It's ridiculous! I am negative 26 dollars and it charged me another ten and then the bank charged me 30! Please refund my 10.00.

The same thing has happened to me too . This is theft .

I have been trying to cancel this dang account since Feb. and everytime they tell me I only have a free account but they sure do seem to continue charging my cc for the 9.99 a month. They can find my cc number to charge but can not seem to find it to cancel it. I have had numberous emails that simply gave me the run around. I lhave for the last time today sent one final email in hopes to get this resolved. I will never reccommend this app to anyone I know and I do hope your issue was resolved for you.

Lee Ann

Cancelled my premium down to free service a couple of months ago so tried contacting spotif u to sort and you just get the runaround. The most pathetic service I've ever received. Just going to cancel my credit card now so they can go swigs the f**king t*ssers!

I have been trying to cancel this account since February 2015 in order to have my card stop being charged the 9.99 monthly and have gotten nothing but the run around and now my requests are just being ignored. Just how much money do you plan on removing from my account before actually cancelling the charges. What exactly does it take to cancel and have my account refunded, a lawyer????

fox,leeann@gmail.com

Ashley,

I am right there with you and the run around. I am changing my CC and then am going to call a lawyer as this has to be fraud and theft when you no longer receive the services and the money is still removed from the account. Good Luck.

Lee Ann

Hey spotify,

I'm having the same problem as a bunch of other people on this board. I cancelled my subscription months ago (Jan 2015) and am still getting charged (July 2015).I was planning on only cancelling temporarilly, but now I'll be cancelling forever. If you take my money when I've said not to, that's theft.

This is a real customer service problem so you should take it seriously and sort out your payment system. On the Customer service scoreboard Spotify is getting Terrible ratings and I'm sure it's not just me who wont be coming back.

I really hope you can turn this around and look forward to your stellar customer service from here on in. My email is jamjess@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jess

I am having the same problem. Please refund my card the $10 that was stolen from me as I had already cancelled my account AND gotten the cancellation confirmation email that day saying it was cancelled.

I am having the same problem, but they charged me five times!

Hi,

I just got charged for a month of Premium after the trial before I could cancel it.  I'm also a student so I got charged the full amount instead of the student price. Is there a way i can get a refund? 

It is 8/10/15 with less than an hour left I've tried to cancel my subscription so I won't be charged tomorrow. I did but now In my account it says my subscription will end 9/11/15. Also I have a receipt for my subscription payment for 8/11/15. How can I have a receipt for tomorrow when it hasn't yet come???? They havn't charged me yes so I hope they don't. If not I'm just posting this here to prove I wanted out before my charge date.

Hey @kayleebellamy, @user-removed and @meganwon!

Unfortunately I can't help you with a refund, I suggest you guys to get in touch with Spotify. They are the ones who should be able to help you with a refund, however, I cannot promise you anything.

You may get in touch with Spotify by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Spotify aims to reply within 24 hours.

Thank you!

This same thing happened with me. I canceled the night before, as to not be charged & I was still charged the next day. I have disputed with PayPal but am waiting to hear back.

I cancelled my scubscription several months ago and I'm still being billed.  How is it that they don't have a way to resolve this issue?  email me at p.sullivan@duke.edu to resolve (username is patandannie)

Suggested posts