Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

Solved!

Canceled subscription still charged me $9.99 USD. No response from support.

On 3/5/12, I had logged in to cancel my trial subscription of Spotify before I was charged for it again. Then, on 3/6/12, I received an email saying that I was charged $9.99, anyway. I logged in again, and for some reason my account is acting as if it was never canceled in the first place.

I need my account properly canceled, and the $9.99 reversed, as I do not intend to continue using Spotify.

It is now 3/11/12, and I have still not received any response from Spotify Support. My case number is 301203. I will only allow until 3/14/12 before I dispute the charge with PayPal, as more than a week is plenty of time for somebody to respond to my support query. 

279 Replies

Spotify continues to charge me a monthly fee after I cancelled last month - it wants me to print out and send a letter by snail mail to spotify asking me to cancel!??!

for such a forward thinking company i'm severely disappointed. I'd like my refund for last month and i do not want any spotify services at all! I want it to stop charging my account for things i need or use!

I took the FINAL most drastic step of all - to stop these thieves form billing me any more I CANCELLED my credit card.

I found the way - CANCEL my crdit card!!!!!

I logged into my account using a PC. I went to manage my subscription. There isnt an option for me to unsuscribe, nor does it show that I have a credit/debit card linked to my account. I am being charged for spotify and I want to unsuscribe from premium. I know it should be a unsuscribe option on the website becasue my boyfriend logged into his account and he had the option to unsuscribe. I have emailed supprt for spotify and they say i have to unsuscribe through itunes. Itunes is not showing me being suscribed to spotify, nor does itunes have my credit/debit information. I would really love to have this issue fixed and since spotify has failed to help me with this issue then I will delete the accountg all together as soon as this issue gets fixed. 

Spotify image.jpg

I've had only the one occasion I've needed to contact spotify regarding subscription issues and it's been resolved immediately. Please excuse my ignorance in these matters but some of you are subscribing via iTunes? Have I read that right? Erm....why? Why not directly with the service provider? Surly that's the best way. No need for a middle man imo.

@jcpjt1 

You might have subscribed to premium through the iPhone or iPad app.

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I signed up for spotify using spotify not iTunes. And FruitBoy your comment didn't help at all. Why waste your time if you don't have a solution? Spotify is spotify regardless of how you subscribe. I'm sure both subscription options play music. Or maybe your subscription is the only right way to do something. Please excuse my dickheadedness in this matter.

Erm...what's up Doc?

MattSuda. I've tried to cancel through the spotify app, the website on my pc. Tried it also on iTunes app and website. No such luck. I appreciate the help.

@jcpjt1 

You probably subscribed to premium inside of the iOS app. Doing this creates a $12.99 subscription with iTunes.

It is more expensive to subscribe from inside of the app because Apple takes a percentage of the transaction, so Spotify has the price higher so they can get the $9.99 that the regular subscription costs if you were to subscribe from the Spotify website.

iTunes is the only place that charges $12.99 for Spotify, so it has to be that you subscribed from iTunes.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I stand by my suggestion even if the last resort. I got NOWHERE communicating or trying to communicate with this company directly. So I cancelled my credit card and alerted the bank about problems with this company.

I cancelled my premium subcription to spotify two months ago and just noticed that I was charged for the last two months. It also says I did not cancel my subcription on my profile but I know I did because I noticed that it was on automatic renewal. I want a refund for both months. 

All I cna say is good luck - I posted several times the ONLY way I was able to STOP the billing was to cancel my credit card.  Well worth the aggravation, as least I am NO longer being billed.  A very sad situation with this comapny..

@nessajoy 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you with this:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I've been charged for the premium subscription and i cancelled it weeks ago and whenever i go on to spotify it's as if the account had never been cancelled.I've emailed and all over this issue,here's my case number  #02329811 helpfully this issue can be resolved quickly.

@Chris_Ise 

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @Chris_Ise . We've given the right team a heads up. They'll get back to you as soon as possible. 

I've been trying to cancel my account for months now, this is just some bull**bleep**!! If you don't cancel my account I will change my bank account to stop all this bull**bleep**!! I'm very angry right now because your customer service is absolutely ridiculous!! I will never endorse this app to anyone!!

@Kevin_calbert22 

To cancel your subscription, you need to sign into this page:

https://www.spotify.com/accounts/subscription/

If you don't see a cancel option,

You might have subscribed to premium through the iPhone or iPad app.

To cancel your subscription, you need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi, I have cancelled my subscription and still got charged €9.99. I have looked at my payment history - it does not mention a payment for 2015-01-25 and my account is "spotify free" now, also I have spotted that I have been charged €9.99 on 2014-11-25 even though it meant to be a free trial month. Could someone please look into this for me please? Thanks 

Suggested posts