Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancellation Problems

Solved!

Cancellation Problems

Decided to cancel my Spotify Premium trial, and when I get to the verification page, it says my password is incorrect, even though I typed in the same password. I haven't had any response from support. I'd rather not be charged. Someone help please.

86 Replies

Rivertone - I'll make sure one of our payment team get back to you as soon as possible.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

@Rivertone - just to reiterate my colleague's message - your case is with the guys who deal with this sort of thing. You'll get an email response really soon. Keep an eye on your inbox.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I've had the same problem. I don't want to pay the 10 a month because it doesn't work anymore. Is there a customer support phone number you know of since I can not cancel the service

@Laurensteward wrote:
I've had the same problem. I don't want to pay the 10 a month because it doesn't work anymore. Is there a customer support phone number you know of since I can not cancel the service

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Spotify don't offer telephone support I'm afraid, but you can email the team directly using the online contact form (or this one if you can't login) and they will be able to get that cancelled for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello!

My Facebook account was cancelled by Facebook two weeks ago, which means that I can´t not enter to my Premium Spotify Account, I need to cancel this account, since is being charge to my credit card. I already sent the format but I haven´t recieved any reply from no one at support from Spotify.

My case is # 00803101

Account ID 1277706175

Please help.

thanks

@LeoGon -- looks like your case got stuck in our system, but I've rescued it now. You'll get a response within 24 hours.

well i cancelled two months ago and am still being charged. and now they claim that they cant find an active account. i think this thing is a rip off.

same here i think its a rip off they dont even have a support center to cantact over the phone. we just need to spread the word. i had to change my credit card totally cancel the one i subscribed with 

Hey @emag -- as my colleague mentioned via email, there's no Premium account under the email address you provided them with. If you're paying for a subscription, it's on another account, so feel free to reply back to that email with any other email addresses you have, or the order ID from the original receipt you would've received when starting your subscription. They'll be able to find the account with that.

I cancelled my Premium subscription over 2 weeks ago & looked online with my bank and found a charge!! I have sent numerous emails, there has only been 1 that has come from a real person. I was charged AFTER cancelling & now they are asking me for my cancellation reason, DOB, etc. I can't seem to find a phone number for Spotify anywhere & I shouldn't have been charged for this. Does anyone know what I can do?

having the same problem. i cancelled over 2 weeks ago & found a charge from them with my bank. i get automated responses, only 1 real person has emailed me & they are saying they can't see where I tried to cancel. I just tried to cancel 3 minutes ago & it still has my card info on there and says I will be charged at the next renewal date!!!

Just stick at it with the support team, how long ago was your response?

Spotify don't have telephone support I'm afraid.

Peter

Like a lot of people here, I've been trying to cancel my subscription. The page to 'Manage my account' appears to not be working, it just reloads itself, leaving me in the exact same place before clicking that link. I've contacted what you call 'support' who have told me to check here for a solution. This is 100% BS. Spotify seems to be so desprate for customers that it will hold on to those it already has by any means possible.

Does it not occur to Spotify that by making it virtually impossible to leave, they are not simply losing one customer, they are losing everybody we tell about this 'dodgy practice'?

Can Spotify PLEASE give me a link to the right page where I can cancel - and I don't mean the stupid page that says 'Shhh we're sleeping', I need one link, one page, one cancellation. Please. Thank you.

8 o'clock this morning. I've been dealing with this. My bank is involved now & this will be going somewhere. Don't ask people for a confirmation email because YOU DON'T SEND THEM. I just tried to cancel AGAIN!! and GUESS WHAT? you tell me Sorry to See you go...then when I log back in what is there? THAT YOU'RE GOING TO CHARGE ME ON THE NEXT AUTOMATIC CYCLE ON 07/18/2014. I'm coming for Spotify. You are a scandalous fake business & I'm telling anyone who will listen!!!!

HI

I would like to cancel my spotify subscription but when I get to the subsriction page and click "view options" under cancel subsriction, it just takes me to that same page and won't actually give me any options - please help. I do not need  to pay this every month anymore

@benjaa1215 - What does your subscription status on your online overview say exactly? 

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

I cannot unsubscribe myself from the Spotify Premium account for more than 2 days. I want to get rid of this premium account but it keeps on making error notifications. My password is correct, but it doesn't work. Spotify please help me and don't charge me the next month because that would not be fair. 

@Johany - What error message are you getting exactly?

Peter

Hi Johany, If Spotify won't help and you pay your monthly subscription by debit card, call your bank on Monday and request that they no longer authorise payments to Spotify from today (Mon). They have to accept your request regardless of anything else. It's always a good idea to get the name of the person you dealt with (just in case) so that the bank have to repay you if they don't carry out your request. The banks used to refuse to do this but since 2013 they have to abide by your requests. Hope that helps mate 🙂

Hello

I cannot cancell my premium account. I's suposed to be an optio of cancellation but I cannot find it neither in my phone or my computer... 

How can I cancel it?

Suggested posts