Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelled free trial, now I want the student discount.

Cancelled free trial, now I want the student discount.

Hi,

I recently finished up a free trial and cancelled it in order to not be charged $9.99. I wanted to get premium again, with the U.S. student discount, but I am unable to access it anymore. I already qualified for the discount in the past (a few months ago), but after my free trial, the only payment amount that shows up is $9.99. How do I get the discount?

5 Replies

Hey! Glad to hear you're happy with Spotify Premium! If I could afford it, I would get it too. But anyways!

Check out here!

Hope that helps,

Ace!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

My Profile!//Currently Cool Playlist

If I helped you or made you laugh or just was awesome, Kudo me?
If I gave you a solution, then click that 'Accept as Solution' button!

Thanks for responding! I've tried to follow those steps numerous times. It never gives me a prompt to switch to the student discount price...and that is the only way I can afford to get premium.

Oh, hm. Well you can try this. Or you can contact Spotify Support here. If you get an automated reply, then reply back. They should reply back within 24-48 hours.

Ace!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

My Profile!//Currently Cool Playlist

If I helped you or made you laugh or just was awesome, Kudo me?
If I gave you a solution, then click that 'Accept as Solution' button!

Sorry for the trouble! There is currently a glitch with the student discount page for some people. The website team is still trying to fix it.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I had to change my username and get a new account, but it worked out in the end. Thanks for the help!

Suggested posts