Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelled premium subscription before renewal, but still charged!!

Solved!

Cancelled premium subscription before renewal, but still charged!!

I tried the 3 month premium for $0.99. 

I decided it isn't worth it for me to pay $12.99 per month for the service so 4 days before the renewal date I canceled my subscription via the account settings. 

It confirmed that my subscription was cancelled.

I was even given a link to the "Can we still be friends" playlist.

Now I find my account has been reverted to premium and I have been charged anyway!

I need to arrange a refund. How do I do that?

Why do Spotify not have any actual support to contact for this?

I'm feeling like I've been scammed!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about that. You can contact the support team to arrange your refund here: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Was my answer helpful? Don't forget to give it a Kudos or Accept it as Solution 😉
Just keep swimming!

© to the owner of the photo 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about that. You can contact the support team to arrange your refund here: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Was my answer helpful? Don't forget to give it a Kudos or Accept it as Solution 😉
Just keep swimming!

© to the owner of the photo 🙂

Thanks for that link.

I also signed up for the three months at .99 and cancelled brfore the third month was up . Now im being charged for the month. Why is this . Im not paying you guys anything because i had cancelled befor the three months were up. Can anyone tell me what can i do. But i want to sign up as a student and it wont let me

Hi @Norma5

I'd suggest you to get in touch with Spotify directly by sending them an email at support@spotify.com, so they can check your account, and to better explain what happened.

You may also reach them through their twitter account @SpotifyCares, or through their Facebook page.

As for the student discount, can you confirm what country are you currently located? and what error message are you receiving when you're trying to sign up?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I'm not a Spotify employee

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Suggested posts