Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelling Facebook, but still want to use Spotify.

Solved!

Cancelling Facebook, but still want to use Spotify.

Hello there, This is my 3th time I try to get in touch with you, and it will be my last time. I want to end my Facebook account, but unfortunately my Spotify account is based on Facebook, so if I end my Facebook I can't use Spotify anymore (known issue). Somewhere on your community page they advised me to create a Spotify account without Facebook, create a case and get my playlists, account details, mail settings, etc, etc transferred to my newly created account. For this 2 cases has been created, but still didn't received any answer. Also because of the late reply my current Facebook account is automatically extended with another month Premium. Please get this done, without any issues so I can finally end my Facebook account. Its about cases: # 00609028 and # 00590418. You can reach my on my mail address: b****.h******@*****.com Looking forward to an answer shortly. Kind regard, Bjorn Huijben P.S. this is my last attempt for reaching you with urgency, there are many other music streaming application I could use.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi to everyone who read this!

I see more people are facing this issue, (which also can be found all around this community page).

First of all, after this community post I've been helped enormously by the Good Guy Greg. He assisted me with transferring my playlists and currently 80/90% has been done as requested.

As per own experiences I think, for the people who are still encountering this above mentioned issue the best thing you can do is the following: (for the best and fasted solution)

- Create a new account (log off your current Spotify account, and create it without Facebook) [note: be sure you have a spare email]
- Log back in with your Facebook Spotify account and create a Case through the Help page. (with the request to transfer the playlists and all the other personal information to the newly created account)
- Wait a few days too get an answer (Premium member will be threatening with a bit more urgency, as there has been told..)
- If there is no answer for at least one week, or this request is for you of high priority (as you want to end you Facebook, or you're premium is about to end, etc) you can bring your case under attention from the awesome people around here which will 'escalate' your case for a quick solution.

I understand if this post will be deleted, because if everyone is posting a new topic on this community page to get their problem solved you will be spoiled over here. And then nothing will help anymore to get things done..

Anyways, I hope I do helped some people who are facing the same problem I was facing for several weeks.

Cheers,
Bjorn

View solution in original post

16 Replies

I have escalated this topic to the community staff for you.
Hopefully someone will be able to look into this for you!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter, Thanks for your reply, waiting for the response. Kind regards, Bjorn

MteQx - Looks like my colleague, Greg, has been emailing you. We'll get it sorted, don't worry.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I am having the same issue -- deactivating my facebook account, but keeping my spotify account. My case number is #00610472.

Please assist -- I have been trying to figure this out for weeks. I want to use spotify premium but I will not pay if these complications persist.

Thank you.

Looks like that man Greg replied to you as well. Take a look in your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Could Greg also email me? I'd like to do the same. I had to create a new account (unlinked to facebook) just to add this question.  Thanks for the help!

I am having the same problem.  I want to dump facebook, but not spotify.  How do I change the login method?

Best thing to do, if you haven't already, is to pop a message through to our team of top men. And women. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I did contact your top people and learned that I must keep fb since i started my login that way and the two accounts are connected. However, I don't want to keep fb at all.  what are my options?  

I am leaving messages everywhere, because I am new to this community thing and don't quite know how to use it.  It is a wonder I am on computers at all... so old am I!  Sorry if this is a bit annoying.  I would really appreciate your help.  just tell me what to do, even if it is long and involved.  FB must go.

Also, in my activity feed on my premium account are people I don't know.  It used to be that there were people I knew there.  They are gone.  Has someone hacked my account?

Gloria

Don't worry about the activity feed. That's part of the latest Spotify update where they are trying to be less Facebook focused - instead of displaying only Facebook friends, you can now follow people even without a Facebook account.

By default, Spotify follows your favorite artists and everyone whose playlists you had subscribed to before the update.

Marked as solution

Hi to everyone who read this!

I see more people are facing this issue, (which also can be found all around this community page).

First of all, after this community post I've been helped enormously by the Good Guy Greg. He assisted me with transferring my playlists and currently 80/90% has been done as requested.

As per own experiences I think, for the people who are still encountering this above mentioned issue the best thing you can do is the following: (for the best and fasted solution)

- Create a new account (log off your current Spotify account, and create it without Facebook) [note: be sure you have a spare email]
- Log back in with your Facebook Spotify account and create a Case through the Help page. (with the request to transfer the playlists and all the other personal information to the newly created account)
- Wait a few days too get an answer (Premium member will be threatening with a bit more urgency, as there has been told..)
- If there is no answer for at least one week, or this request is for you of high priority (as you want to end you Facebook, or you're premium is about to end, etc) you can bring your case under attention from the awesome people around here which will 'escalate' your case for a quick solution.

I understand if this post will be deleted, because if everyone is posting a new topic on this community page to get their problem solved you will be spoiled over here. And then nothing will help anymore to get things done..

Anyways, I hope I do helped some people who are facing the same problem I was facing for several weeks.

Cheers,
Bjorn

Premium user, cancelled my FB account without thinking about the link to Spotify.  I need to transfer my old Premium account info/playlists etc. into the new account not linked to FB and continue as a Spotify Premium user without paying for 2 accounts.  Help?!

@mzessin1 wrote:

Premium user, cancelled my FB account without thinking about the link to Spotify.  I need to transfer my old Premium account info/playlists etc. into the new account not linked to FB and continue as a Spotify Premium user without paying for 2 accounts.  Help?!

Left a reply on your other post 😉 

Peter

Peter

Still nothing back from them.  I hit reply to a message that was auto sent with my case # today.  Any other suggestions?  Paying & can't use.

@mzessin1 wrote:

Still nothing back from them.  I hit reply to a message that was auto sent with my case # today.  Any other suggestions?  Paying & can't use.

That should be all it takes, someone should get back to you as soon as possible. 

Peter

Peter

I got helped perfectly and customer friendly. All my issues lister above has been resolved. Thank you.

Bjorn

Spotify Community newcomer

Spotify Last.FM

I'm Dutch, so please pardon my brevity.

Suggested posts