Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cancelling Subscription Purchased as a gift using credit card

Cancelling Subscription Purchased as a gift using credit card

Hi guys, so I paid for Spotify Premium as a gift using the same credit card that I use on my own family account. I intended to pay for year but at the end of the year realised I had no way to cancel as I no longer had access to their account.

Despite asking that they update the payment details, they clearly haven't as every month for the past 10 months or so I'm still getting billed.

I thought I removed the association with the card approx 10 months ago but it transpires the credit card details must somehow be associate with their account so they have been able to renew (using my card details).

I spoke to my bank who advised to report my credit card stolen however I have lots of different direct debits and other stuff connected to my card so this would be a pain.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

1 Reply

Hey @lifedownunder,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

If you'd like to have your card no longer connected to the account/subscription you mentioned but you can't access the account itself to cancel the subscription or update the related payment method, feel free to get in touch with our folks in the Support team and explain them the situation. You can do this by following the steps here in the section called Write to us

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts