Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Cancel Premium Account

Solved!

Cannot Cancel Premium Account

I have been trying to cancel my premium acount but to no avail. I have followed the steps here in the community but my spotify desktop account itself shows that "I am Spotify Free" whenever I click the Subscriptions, which is impossible because I am charged monthly. Please help! Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

What does it show in the 'receipts' section of your account? Is there anything there to give more clues? In mine, I have monthly payments for premium and if I click on a payment it says lots of things including the username it's associated with. Do your premium payments since February show up there?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Solved it! Thank you so much! You gave me a clue on what the problem is all about when you told me to look at the receipts section. Since my payments were not reflected even in that section, I got a hunch that maybe there is a problem in the account itself. Lo and behold, my premium subscription is connected to another Spotify account.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies

This sounds very odd. How long have you been charged while on the free account? Maybe check by going to the Spotify website and look in 'account' rather than in the app. On the right hand side of the account overview, it should say what type of account you have. If you click the 'view details' button underneath, that will give you an option to change your payment card details, or to cancel your account. See if clicking cancel there helps, or maybe see if you can remove your payment details.

if that doesn't work, I'd be tempted to contact your bank and ask them to decline payments to Spotify. That's all I've got sorry, maybe someone else will have an idea.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my concern. I've been charged as a premium Spotify account since February of this year. I'm actually using the Spotify website to cancel my subscription, but all I can see at the Subscription portion is attached below. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-24 at 4.16.53 PM.png
Marked as solution

What does it show in the 'receipts' section of your account? Is there anything there to give more clues? In mine, I have monthly payments for premium and if I click on a payment it says lots of things including the username it's associated with. Do your premium payments since February show up there?

Marked as solution

Solved it! Thank you so much! You gave me a clue on what the problem is all about when you told me to look at the receipts section. Since my payments were not reflected even in that section, I got a hunch that maybe there is a problem in the account itself. Lo and behold, my premium subscription is connected to another Spotify account.  

Cool,glad it's sorted. That's what I thought might be the case and the receipts bit was the key.

nice one

Suggested posts