Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Delete My Old Profile

Cannot Delete My Old Profile

Hi, yesterday I wanted to delete my profile ‘bluegatesproject’, because I’ve recently take an artist name ‘the blue gates project’. I followed the instructions and deleted the account, spotify sent me an email to verify and I verified. They sent me an email that profile has been closed. But when I check by searching the unwanted profile ‘bluegatesproject’ on spotify, it is still there. Closing the account instructions did not work. However once I attempt to close the profile, I’ve lost the connection between my email and the profile. Also now I’m using an another profile name with my same email. I dont want ‘bluegatesproject’ profile to be seen on Spotify. I dont know when that unwanted profile will disappear. That’s really annoying. Please help me. Thank you very much in advance.
7 Replies

Hi @bgpmusic,

Thanks for bringing your query to the community! I done a quick search of 'bluegatesproject' on my desktop app (as shown in attachment) and I couldn't find it. Is it still showing up in searches for you? Maybe if you try a clean reinstall of the app on whatever device you're using then try searching for the name again, it hopefully won't show up. In the meantime, let us know how it goes!

Best wishes,

A

Screenshot (307).png

Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry for that I typed the unwanted profile without blanks in the first message. The unwanted user profile is Blue Gates Project. It’s still there on Spotify. I cannot reach the account because I attempted to closed it. But I dont want it to be seen. But I dont know the solution. I’m sharing the app screenshot. I hope we can solve it. Best wishes,
66C9BF3F-5AD6-471D-9181-F952898CA180.png
5EF81A30-1383-4BB1-8ACE-60A8F5765F12.png

Hey there,

as far as i understood your post you've lost the email to the account, so that you cannot log in to the account anymore.

If that's right you can probaly not delete the account youreself anymore. 

The best thing that you could do is to contact the spotify support to ask them to deactivate your old account. But watch out you will high likely need to prove that the account is yours, as long as you cannot log into it anymore.

Let me know if that helps.

Hey, Yes I’ve lost the connection between my email and the profile. Also I’ve created a new profile with same email and now I’m using it. But, when I open the last mail spotify sent me to inform that my account has been deleted, I try to reactivate my account. But it doesnt work. How can I contact spotify support, there is no direct mail or sth. Best regards

No problem! Ah yes, I can see it is still active. Do you feel that you have taken all the steps necessary to delete the account?

Hey , thanks for reaching out again

As far as i told you you could try contact the spotify supprt directly  i've forgot to atacht the link to do so. Sorry about that.

So the spotify support you can contact either with the following link (the ooption i'd reccomend in this case) :
support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support

Or as well on Twitter: 

twitter.com/SpotifyCares (@SpotifyCares)

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Hey @bgpmusic.

Just wanted to follow up on what @OneFrequency said: there's a dedicated support channel for artists on Spotify. We suggest you reach out to our Spotify for Artists Customer Support team here - they should be able to help you with your account.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes 😉

Suggested posts