Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot Redeem Spotify Gift Card!

Cannot Redeem Spotify Gift Card!

I have purchased a spotify gift card at Walmart because I want to use it to apply it to my account..I cannot get the card redeemed!! I have gone to the website spotify.com/redeem and put in the code that I had to scratch off on the back of the card and everytime I put it in it says code not recognized. It says on that website there should be a pin on the card or a code on the receipt where I bought it and apparently the "code" on the back of my card is not valid and there is NOT one on my receipt. I took it back to Walmart and they said it was activated when they rang it up. *side note* good luck getting any results out of anyone over there..I have tried returning it, getting them to give me a new one, and they won't, understandably (I guess). I just don't know what to do. It WILL NOT accept the code on the back of the card nor is there one on my receipt. I did not give Walmart and spotify $10 to not be able to use this friggin card!
11 Replies

Sorry to hear it. Sounds like one for our payments team. They'll help. Please include the code you're trying to use - a photo of the front and back of the card would be useful too.

You can send us an email from https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

May I purchase a gift card in the U.S. and give it to someone in Canada for redemption there?

Unfortunately not, Spotify gift cards are only redeemable in the country in which they are purchased. Also, Spotify isn't yet available in Canada so it is not possible to create an account if you live there.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there,

I live in Australia and have just purchased a e-voucher for myself as i wanted to pay for 3 months in advance, but unfortunantely can not find the premium voucher code anywhere, could someone please help me out.

Cheers

I will suggest you to see this video from YouTube. This is a step by step video for redeeming spotify gift card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbZJRmkQbCM

Hope Admin don't remove this. It's working. Just try it once. 

Expert

Hi justchecking.  Yes, you can. you can give the card for redeeming it. But Spotify isn't available all countries. Check the country availability.  https://www.spotify.com/us/select-your-country/

If he or she from those countries, then he or she can redeem it. Otherwise not.

thank you.   

Expert

Just an advice, gift cards work, only with the country you purchased it. So, if you purchase a gift card in country A, it won't work in country B.

@Mikedtan
I agree to Robbie, you may need to contact Spotify Support folks, and have your card and receipt handy.

I tried sending an email to the spotify customer service and all they told me was to find the solution myself by looking through the spotify community which was the one that led me to sending the darn email. 

Hey guys, I bought a 10 dollar spotify premium card today a target and like many others the code was saying invalid, try again, etc. and i tried countless times over and over again, even going back to target to ask if they actually made the card active( they said yes) i was wondering if anyway i could get that money on the account or get reimbersed thanks.

I buy a Spotify card and when i type it inn i get this: Unfortunately this Premium code does not seem to be valid. Try again or contact customer service. How to fix it ?

Suggested posts